End of WW2 OSS movie has corporate heads being asked if they'd want...

Tools    

I'm trying to find a movie, shown in color, I saw some 3, 4, maybe 5 years ago on Netflix (I think - or was it Amazon??) about the O.S.S. ("Office of Strategic Services") the WW2 precursor to the CIA.

Most of it is spent on going into the formation of the OSS and its activities during WW2. Drama thrown in for good measure.

But the real punchline comes at the end and its only a few minutes long.

We see the head of the OSS, or at least a key man of the OSS, faced with his organization's elimination because the general sentiment in Washington is that the OSS is no longer needed now that the war is over and won. He is desperate to keep it going.

Gathered before him are major American Businesssmen, Industries, (or their representatives) etc. This guy asks them what would be the value, to them, of having an organization that could provide them with intelligence on EVERYthing going on around the world?

After presenting this the next scene is something to do with the CIA being formed in 1947 and a few images, but the message is clear: the CIA continues to serve . . . business.

It showed, at its very end, that the function of the CIA is to provide intelligence to American Business, to ensure American Business success, that American Business stays #1 in the world . . . that the CIA has nothing to do with ensuring human rights or any other such propaganda.

Anyone remember the name of this movie?

Thanks!

Was this a coherent drama with characters who appeared throughout the movie or a documentary account of the OSS with dramatised segments?

"A Call to Spy" is a recent movie about the OSS. Really, what we need to focus on is movies about the OSS and it's leader, William Donovan.

@ RGC1957: a drama. Not a documentary.
@KEVP: Not "A Call to Spy".
(sorry - newbie - haven't figured out how to reply to each reply individually)

Was your impression that this was a recent film (say 2010s or later), or an older movie?

You saying it was "shown in color" makes me wonder what era you think the film is from. That can really help narrow down searches.

Maybe "The Catcher Was a Spy" (2018) ?
Former Major League Baseball player Moe Berg goes undercover in World War II Europe for the Office of Strategic Services.
Other possibilities:
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?k...gic%20Services

@ Takoma11: I would say yes, 2010's or later, but I would not exclude the possibility that it was older . . .

@ Takoma11

As for the "era" if you're referring to the time the movie was set,
it was set during WW2 and the end of the movie was set --I got the idea--
that it was the Fall of 1945 or perhaps the Spring of 1946.

If by "era" you mean when was the movie made, its not a very old
movie from the 1950's or 1960's. Its definitely much more recent,
and I'd say for sure in the 2000's and I believe after 2010.

@ wositelec:
Nope, not "The Catcher Was a Spy"
I would have remembered Paul Rudd!

I also checked out your "Other possibilities"
and again, nope