Where do you buy your DVD's ?

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
I hardly ever buy anything online but from snooping around on websites I can see there are huge differences in price compared with normal outlets.

I've just bought the new radiohead cd at www4.cd-wow.com/ and it has tonnes of great deals on dvds (different regions). Since my dvd player is region free I can take full advantage. I mean 'Zulu' is £3.99 !!

So where do you get them and why ?

I do all of my R2, R3 and R4 purchases on-line, obviously. I've used about eight different sites, and haven't hit upon a favorite yet - though I do tend to go to AmazonUK just because it's easy.

As for the many R1 purchases I make, I do about a 40%/60% split as far as on-line and brick & mortar. DVDPlanet is my main e-tailer of choice, though I do wind up Amazoning it a bit too. As for non-mail, Best Buy usually has the best deals on the biggest titles, though I buy 'em from just about everywhere else too: Tower, Borders, Suncoast, Circuit City, Barnes & Noble, Hell even WAL-MART from time to time when I'm in there buying blank VHS tapes (lots of DVDs, therefore lots of DVDs to copy).

I can honestly answer "just about everywhere" is where I buy my DVDs.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I don't do online shopping, but I'll buy them wherever I find it - hopefully somewhere with a good price. Target has most of the new releases and is closest to my house, so I tend to get those there. Other stuff comes from places like Best Buy, Borders, Circuit City, the infamous Wal-Mart for an occasionally odd and cheap DVD.

I've never heard of any of those places till now, even Wal-Mart.

The main outlets here are HMV, Virgin Megastores, Music-Zone.

I must become Caligari..!
I do most of miy DVD shopping at a Store in perth called JB HIFI.

It has the biggest selection in the state. its a bit of a hike to get there but its worth it.

If i find a bargin at Big W, Target or K-Mart i buy them there.

Buying for Online site just costs to much i postage for me. there for i am limited to what i can find i stores
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

always online because i usually don't want to wait till they aer released in australia...amazon.com (US) and ChoicesDirect.co.uk (UK)

Enemies are so stimulating.
i always use play.com it does both R1 and R2. but sometimes ive bought some from dvdpopcorn.com (might be co.uk) or cd-wow.co.uk (might be com). and sometimes hmv. but i find that play is the best. the others take ages to post plus with play you can pre order stuff and the money doesnt come out till they post it. i know amazon do that too but they are more expensive than play and with play you dont have to pay postage.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I usually buy my DVDs from 2 places Virgin Megastores and CDWOW, but on the odd occasion I would buy them from Woolworths

I think best buy is the cheapest right now.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I don't have a credit/debit card so I can only buy from certain places online using a prepay card

Depending on how badly i want the DVD... if it's a must have i'll go to a brick and mortar and get the day it hit stands, if it's one that i can wait for i like to go to Ebay, and get the DVD more than half off.

Like a few days ago, i wanted to buy Minority Report...because i never got chance to see it in theatres... but my bro told me no, go to ebay and see if you can get it cheaper...I got the movie for less than $9.00 including shipping when i wanted to buy it at Circuit city for 19.99... mind you i live in NYC so sales-tax is a beach.

I wished the buck stopped here
Always www.play247.com
I never have enuff money left over each month to get all the dvds I want tho......

Walmart, Future Shop, HMV, Sunrise Records, Zellers

Amazon, mostly. DVDPlanet, sometimes. DeepDiscountDVD, when I'm running low on money.

I'm still using http://www9.cd-wow.com/ and a dvd writer.

Fantastic avatar, Garrtett!

mel point for you...

CircuitCity, BestBuy, and Online. I dont go to suncoast or samgoody there just too expensive.

A system of cells interlinked
Online mostly, Bestbuy sometimes if it's a good price. Also, Border's Books has been having a buy 3 get 1 free sale lately, and many films from the 70's and 80's are priced low to begin with, netting quite a decent deal in the end....

Cheers

I buy most of My dvds at Bestbuy, BJs Wholesale, and online at Amazon.com!

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Usually it goes from store to store, usually search online for the best deal...considering I'm 15 and my dad buys me a DVD once a month for 20 bucks or under. I can get up to 3 if they're say 10 bucks and I chip in the extra...but whatever, he'll throw in the twenty.

I usually go to Circuit City, Best Buy, or Walmart.

Cause....I like them cheap :-p and they still work!

I usually wait for the previoulsy viewed ones go down in price to about 9.99 at Rogers Video or Block Buster. I also look in the Future Shop, Wal-Mart, or HMV. They usually have descent deals.