The All Time Classics of Humour Films

Tools    

Films that are classic has to be Blazing Saddles and all the Little Rascals and all the Jerry Lewis films. They are bar none the funniest of all times, there are no contenters that can remotely take the place of funniest movies of all times.

Originally Posted by CrazyforMovies
Films that are classic has to be Blazing Saddles and all the Little Rascals and all the Jerry Lewis films. They are bar none the funniest of all times, there are no contenters that can remotely take the place of funniest movies of all times.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Well, like, I Know.

It would of been nice to know of some others, I do allow for other opinions..

Jerry Lewis had some of the best movies of al time!There was "The Nutty Proffer" and "Disorderly ordely" and "Cinda Fella" and
That part he had in "It's a mad mad mad world"that was funny!The old classic are good!
Some of them are boring but there are some that are so good you watch over and over again!In my case Bob Hope was great!See you around!JM Old classic rocks!
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

My top 5 funniest films in order

1.Blazing Saddles
2.Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3.Big Trouble in Little China (mostly unintentionally hilarious though)
4.Austin Powers in Goldmember
5.Saving Silverman

Close contenders:
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Spaceballs
Monty Python and the Meaning of Life
Monty Python and the Life of Brian
And found he was eating his shoe.

I'm gonna go with Shrek. Cracks me up every time, especially the bit about onions ... Parfait ... No, no, onions!!

And a recent one: Lost In Translation had me in tears several times. The tredmill-bit was fantastic!!

Cheers, Martin

Blazing Saddles, the Little Rascals collection, and Jerry Lewis movies are, unarguably, classics… however, to claim they are the funniest of all time and that there are no contenders does a gross injustice, in my opinion, to such greats as Bob Hope, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges, The Marx Brothers, Abbot and Costello, W.C. Fields, Red Skelton, Jack Benny, Cary Grant, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemon, Walter Matthau, Steve Martin, Monty Python, Chris Farley, Doris Day, Chevy Chase, Peter Sellers, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, Shirley McLain, Lilly Tomlin, Lucille Ball, Bill Murray, Shirley Temple, Danny Kaye, Goldie Hawn, George Burns, and even Cheech and Cong … Just to name a few…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The Marx Brother films for me......Such great classics

Put me in your pocket...
I think to say "They are bar none the funniest of all times, there are no contenters that can remotely take the place of funniest movies of all times." is a pretty strong statement....annnnd I'ma gonna hafta' disagree with ya'.

There are many contenders depending on what you consider classic or your type of humor. My husband LOVES the Three Stooges...which I HATE....but I admit they ceutenly made a name for themselves and still have quite a following. Nyuck, nyuck nyuck.

I like your title, so for All Time Classic Humor...so...for me...

it's also the Marx Brothers. I LOVE them and most of their films. Chico, Groucho and Harpo are perfect together.

I also enjoy...
Abbott and Costello
Martin & Lewis
Laurel and Hardy~ I haven't seen alot of Laurel and Hardy...but I adore their March of the Wooden Soldiers.
Danny Kaye~ in The Court Jester. A classic parody with tongue twisters.
Bob Hope~ in Pale Face
Lucille Ball and Desi ~ in The Long, Long Trailer.
Before there was Chevy Chase and his Vacation movies..there was this gem.
Lemmon, Curtis and Monroe~ in Some Like it Hot.

All those screwball romantic comedies with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn....and Cary Grant and Irene Dunne.

"It!"~ the charming romantic comedy that made Clara Bow a legend.
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World~ Great cast and is so funny, funny, funny.

....and so on. There's lots of classic comedies to appreciate.

The big Lebowski, Caddyshack, Animal House, Old School, and a whole bunch of other movies. Not a fan of the classic comedies.

My husband is a big Three Stooges film and I'm with you I wasn't a fan at first , but as i get older I do appreciate it them and find them extremely funny, however the original Stooges were funnier. That being the bald Moe. Classic.

And considering that now it is difficult to put good comedies out there, I feel now there are no great contenders..no one can top Jerry Lewis; Abbot and Costelo; all the best was the best and somehow that kind of comedy has gone.

I can pretend that things last.
Marx Brothers forever!!

I liked Monty Python too.

Eddie Murphy was one of those funny guys; however his latest films do not deliver any of his once funny characters. He has lost his touch and recently Daddy Day Care was one his ALMOStfunny film. Really i don't know what has happened to him he has become very serious.

I'm sorry about this but I think the Three Stooges are retarded. I like slapstick don't get me wrong, but I just don't see what is so gd funny about Larry Curly and Moe slapping each other's faces. After a while you think they would get some new gags.

I think it's more of a guy thing kinda of humor.

You a one dotter too, and with 400 posts, gee they scrimp on the dots here.

I think it's more of a guy thing kinda of humor.

You a one dotter too, and with 400 posts, gee they scrimp on the dots here.
I am a guy just for the record, and I don't get the latter part of your post. Don't worry I won't take it offensive in any way, I just don't understand what that means.

Some great ones already mentioned. Great to see fans of the comedy greats.

A few of My Faves-

Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon in any of the films they did with BILLY WILDER
Eg:
THE ODD COUPLE, BUDDY BUDDY, THE FRONT PAGE, THE APARTMENT

Pre 80's Oscar Wilde Like THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST

Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy films like ADAMS RIB

i loved dumb and dumber (the original not that prequel crap)
Friday
Barbershop
National Lampoons Animal House
Meet the Parents
The south park movie
Coming to America

Would have to be the old black and white Charlie Chaplin comedies. The "Little" Tramp" was hilarious, and of course the famous Ealing Studio comedies ie. "The Lady Killers, "The Lavender Hill Mob", and I would agree with Martin and Lewis and Mathau and Lemon, plus the Ma & Pa Kettle movies!