Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Cocktail (1988)

Doug Coughlin mentors Brian Flannigan as a frontman and bartender to work the show. Brian bolts for Jamaica when Doug gets in the middle of a fling between Flannigan and Gina Gershon, ... A fun time's set up with prize 80s headliners Elisabeth Shue and Tom Cruise. All shook up.

Rating:
+ 7.5 / 10

Ry Cooder

Adventures in Babysitting. Teenager Elisabeth Shue agrees to babysitting duties, only to be called out for help on a mission of mercy by her best friend. Reluctantly taking her young charges with her into the city, disaster strikes when the car suffers a blowout with no spare tyre, and events then rapidly spiral out of control... This late 80s comedy is as funny and charming as ever, the kind of comedy that just doesn't seem to get made anymore these days. Looks very nice on Blu ray too, with that 80s "look" that just makes me go all nostalgic and melty inside...
My review of this film is the very first film reviewed on page 1 of my review thread if you're interested.

9th re-watch

A lot of it is just a rehash of Funny Girl but every time Barbra opens her mouth to sing, I forget everything that is wrong with this movie.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Mission Impossible: (not your favorite video game)Fallout (2018)

Best action movie of recent memory. Hail Xenu!

It's about the creator not being able to perform for mother nature, so he finally gives in and then destroys her while sacrificing their kid to sheep.

It's an ugly movie. I despise it.
Despise being a strong word but its misguided and shallow.

Everyone is my friend unless proven otherwise
A Quiet Place 7.7/10
It doesn’t care whether it’s soon or it’s too late
Don’t be afraid if your heart wakes up from an old dream
My be God has written your story from the beginning. Ehsan khaje Amiri

Sicario: Day of the Soldado

I'm probably giving this a higher rating than most. It definitely wasn't as good as the first, but I thought it was only marginally worse.
WARNING: "Sicario" spoilers below
The beginning was very choppy, with new plot points being hit shallowly every couple minutes. Instead of trying to build the story, we visit half a dozen locales just to show some brief setup for the pure sake of it. The middle pulled me in and gave me hope that this could still be a great movie. The last act I didn't like, but maybe that is what the writers wanted I guess. Del Toro getting shot in the face at night while tied, laying there until morning (which I'm not sure if the time lapse was intended?), having enough energy to squirm around and untie himself, stagger around in the desert sun long enough to hop in a car, and drive away to somewhere to recover seemed a bit far-fetched for me.

Cosmopolis (2012)

-

I'm hot and cold with director David Cronenberg, and there was a reason I put this movie off for so long. I didn't think I'd like it and I was right. I thought it had potential, but I found it to be mostly uninteresting characters droning on about philosophical nonsense. It's well made, and I actually thought Robert Pattinson suited the lead role well. I just don't care for him much in general. The movie has a very talented supporting cast, except none of them stood out. I needed to feel some unease and tension watching this movie, but I never got it. I do understand why some love it. There are different ways one could look at and get into it. You would have to care though.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Man from Snowy River (1982)

Darn, I had this on automatic record (Kirk Douglas) but I'm running out of space, so lately I watch the first 10 minutes and decide.

Camille (1936)

I wanted to love this tragic love story but I couldn't quite get there. It has some great moments, and I did like Greta Garbo more than I did in Anna Karenina which I watched about a week ago. It's beautifully filmed and scored, and has a very good supporting cast. Maybe I was in a pissy mood.

The Bride Wore Black (Francois Truffaut, 1968)

Get your Hitchcock New Wave here.

Lust, Caution (Ang Lee, 2007)

Den of Thieves (2018)

Love a heist movie I do, this pushes all the buttons but for a film of its length its too light on the characterisation. Individually and motives. Drops into generic. Watchable but quite forgettable. Had the writing been tighter a 7/10. 6/10 (might be being a bit harsh but Butler has been doing some lifeless movies of recent).

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005) – 8.5/10
I learned new sweary s£x references from this film so i concur (and I'm in my 40s )