Pirates Of The Carribean 5

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I like these films and seeing another adventure with Jack Sparrow will be awesome

On the outside looking in.

Orlando Bloom has also been quoted as saying he would mind returning in the role of immortal Davy Jones replacement Will Turner...

Nice to see an actor turn down an easy pay day for once. Perhaps they could get his lookalike from CUTTHROAT ISLAND to fill in for him instead:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He would save Disney some money on what is sure to be a very bloated production.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is the running title.

Based around Jack Sparrow, a new female lead for Jack to get doughy eyed over who is accused of Witchcraft but is apparently a scientist of sorts... and two new love interests in a Bloom/Knightley kind of relationship.

Witches are apparently going to play a part in the plot (alongside Jack's new love interest probably)...

Barbossa will be teamed up with a Ghostly character and they are after revenge for something...

Also, the Bermuda Triangle is going to play a large part in the plot too.

Release was 2015... but has been pushed back to Summer 2016 now due to script rewrites after On Stranger Tides bombed in critic circles (it was still a blockbuster in terms of ticket sales though)... apparently they want to fix the problems seen in Pirates 4 and make this one as good as the first three.

So there you go.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I'll probably pass on this one unless it get rave reviews (spoiler: it won't.). The first one is pretty good but the sequels have progressively gotten worse and worse.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'll probably pass on this one unless it get rave reviews (spoiler: it won't.). The first one is pretty good but the sequels have progressively gotten worse and worse.
What's funny is that I believe the first movie was decent, whereas it only got better with the next two movies. On Stranger Tides was admittedly mediocre, however. As for whether or not it'll get rave reviews, critics will hate on it no matter what. I love 'em personally.

Critics are going to hate this movie regardless of whether it's good or bad.I am very excited about it.All the four movies have been hugely entertaining and I hope this one is the same too.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
What's funny is that I believe the first movie was decent, whereas it only got better with the next two movies. On Stranger Tides was admittedly mediocre, however. As for whether or not it'll get rave reviews, critics will hate on it no matter what. I love 'em personally.
I'd rank them from best to worst in the order they are released. Curse of the Black Pearl, while not a masterpiece or anything, is still a pretty enjoyable movie. Dead Man's Chest is somewhat weaker but still worth watching IMO but the franchise didn't really start to fall apart until At World's End for me. I haven't seen On Stranger Tides but from the reviews I've read it's even worse than the third one.

I really like these movies so i'm excited that they are coming out with more. but they aren't as good as they use to be. i think the first one was the best.

I liked them not because they were good movies but Johnny Depp is really good and he keeps me interested in the movies. He does a really good job as Captain Sparrow

First was fan-freakin'-tastic. Second and third were worthwhile. Fourth was genuinely bad. Seriously, I was genuinely stunned by how meh On Stranger Tides was. I expected the second and third films to take a hit but be reasonably fun, and they were, but I wasn't prepared for the dropoff from the third to the fourth.

I'm actually at the point where, unless a fair number of reviews use the word "resurgence," I might not even bother to rent this.
They do seem to get progressively worse. But as Depp fanboy, I will probably still be first in line for this.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
A dark day for mankind:

Reviews

The first one was good, and then they took themselves too seriously and tried making a string of epics. Epic FAILs more like.

In the Beginning...
I'm a sucker for pirates so I'll probably still see it, but yeah, it's a shame the series has become a cash cow and Disney is unable (or unwilling) to recapture some of the magic of the first film. Really, they're very lucky that Johnny Depp enjoys playing the Captain Jack Sparrow role so much. If he were to leave the series, they'd be sunk.

PUN. INTENDED.

Along with my post above with the synopsis (of sorts)... more news...

Orlando Bloom is back.

Geoffrey Rush, Kevin McNally and Stephen Graham are also back (ahem) on board.

Javier Bardem is the antagonist. WHHAAAATTTT?!?!?!

Bardem!!! Awesome!!

The plot is close to what I posted before, it will revolved around more undead Pirates, this time lead by Javier Bardem's character Captain Salazar. This must be the team up I was on about between a ghostly character and Barbossa.
Apparently they've been in the Bermuda Triangle and have escaped.

Jack Sparrow will be going after Poseidon's Trident, which grants total control of the sea so he can stop Salazar.

True, they've still got Rush and McNally, Bloom is back too.

But yeah, the original cast had a chemistry. Pirates 4 lost that chemistry, especially when they had Cruz in the film. She could kill the atmosphere in any movie.

To be honest I thought Pirates 4 was a big improvement over the last 2 sequels, though still no where in the same league as Pirates 1.

Even though the original cast was charming, Pirates 2 and 3 had just convoluted the original plot and characters so much that it was better to just scrap everything and start over from scratch at that point (not to mention 2 and 3 pretty much undid everything established.the 1st film - turning Barbossa into a 'good guy', portraying Jack as more cowardly, screwing over Will Turner with the ending, etc).

Pirates 4 was forgettable but it wasn't awash with mind-numbing CGI and unnecessary plot twists that were impossible to follow. So yeah, #4 is a step back in the right direction, though I'm not holding my hopes up for the 5th one.