Top 31 Horror, DonnieDarko

→ in
Tools    

25. The Others (2001)

I would call this a bigger version of The Sixth Sense. This is also one of the creepiest films I've ever seen. Nicole Kidman was stunning. The cast was stunning. The twist was stunning. I stringy recommend everyone to watch this movie, I feel like I should've even put it higher. Yes I this movie.

So damn freaky!

With The Others riding high in your list, allow me to direct to you this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055018/

Of course, you may've already seen it. If you have, I'll expect it to appear later.

24. Drag Me To Hell (2009)

Sam Ramis Drag me to Hell did get to silly at the end, it hurt the movie, but didn't ruin it. This stuck up girl gets cursed by this old creepy ass lady, she then has a really tough choice to make, to keep the curse or pass it on to someone. I remember two scenes vividly since watching this in theathers, the restraunt and the car. The first one was emotional and had you wondering the latter was scary as all hell. Very well put together modern horror

23. Night Of The Living Dead (1968)

After a spree of recent horrors, here is a recent one. This is without a doubt the best zombie movie, it is a classic. The cheapness of it only adds on to the scares. The graveyard scene was memorable, there were thrills all the ay through. Without a doubt does it deserve all of its praise.

I'd argue that Dawn Of The Dead is the best zombie film, but other than that, I'm with you all the way with this choice.
Let's hear it.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Not only is Night Of The Living Dead the original and best of the zombie films, but it's one of the very few black and white movies I can watch without constantly thinking:
"This is black and white, this is pants, I'm watching a black and white movie, black and white, I hate black and white movies, black, white, pants, hate"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Black-and-white-ist. Too bad you didn't grow up with a B&W TV; that would have corrected your peccadillo.

22. An American werewolf in London (1981)

This is a stunning horror with a nice touch of almost folk like humor. A sudden and odd ending, and some creepy nightmares. Werewolf's are a ridiculous thing to be afraid of, but I was afraid for the protagonist. Deserves all the props it has gotten.

21. Session 9 (2001)

Don't have much to say other than it's a creepy and scary film. It is begging to be watched and appreciated. Phsycological and down right scary. Watched this on the same night as The Others, oh boy memories

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I really like Session 9. One of the best atmospheric horror movies.

Suspect's Reviews

20. Hour of the Wolf (1968)

Ingmar Bergman creates a classic creepy Sweedish horror movie. It's a very odd one, and it's hard to follow, but if you wanna get creeped out this won't disappoint. With a great score and a devoted cast this was an exquisite film

^I should be watching this one ASAP. Looks really interesting.

19. Tucker & Dale vs Evil (2011)

This is more of a comedy but trust me there are plenty of scares. One of the few films to cruelly achieve a strong mix of comedy and horror, I actually like it more than some of the coming up movies, but as a horror this is as high as I can rank it.
"he's heavy for half a man"

+ rep for Tucker & Dale vs Evil, just because I've yet to have someone tell me not to see this.

As usual, I have a copy, I just haven't watched it.

26. Orphan (2009)
Underrated and much mor physiological than it appears. I even prefer this to the film it's said to steal stuff from The Omen. The twist shocked me, and I felt deep frustration towards the characters. It felt a bit rushed, but at the same time it means it was to the point. Keeps your heart racing, in my min it's a good movie, which is contrary to popular belief
This movie isn't a horror, in my opinion at least.

It's a thriller.

Orphan is a psychological horror/thriller film and it's fine and dandy to include it on a Horror list.

DonnieDarko - nice to see an Ingmar Bergman film included in your list.