Christine's reviews

→ in
Tools    

Hi Christine, I didn't know you have your review thread. Good stuff. I'm thinking of opening the review thread myself but still waiting for an inspiration that's not arriving.
I've liked all of your reviews you've posted in the Hall of Fame. You should start one, i'm not sure that there should be any inspiration other than that you want to do it and you said yourself you do. The only thing is your reviews will probably get overall less attention than they get in Rate The Last Movie You Saw but the regular members will check in and that's all that matters really, since they are the people you will talk to most here.

Actually that's not even right, they get more attention. Think i meant to say less rep. The people who would comment on your reviews often don't because the RTLMYS thread moves so rapidly that it's hard to keep up and have any meaningful discussion. That was largely why i started my own thread; actually a significant amount of it was because i wanted to hear Cricket's opinion about my reviews and the movies i watched; he goes through every single page of that thread and it's obviously difficult to comment on much.

Actually that's not even right, they get more attention. Think i meant to say less rep. The people who would comment on your reviews often don't because the RTLMYS thread moves so rapidly that it's hard to keep up and have any meaningful discussion. That was largely why i started my own thread; actually a significant amount of it was because i wanted to here Cricket's opinion about my reviews and the movies i watched; he goes through every single page of that thread and it's obviously difficult to comment on much.
I will do that very soon as I was writing also some reviews but never posted them. It is always nicer to share and hear up the other's opinions and different points of views. You'll learn much more about the movies. Yes, discussion in RTLMYS is not quite possible however I like the thread as I discover many movies that I missed. Even recent ones. For instance I'm watching Blind (2007) Netherlands, Belgium and Bulgaria co-production that I would never watched if not for RTLMYS.

@Chypmunk, no killer penguins but there's much more to it than I've described, but not mentioned them cos don't like spoilers. I always try to be quite general, maybe makes the review a bit boring but if you trust me you'll be ok

@Camo, I read about it somewhere and am very fond of Scandinavian humour in films. I've got a few films now but people keep borrowing them and not giving them back!

@Nestorio - thanks! My reviews are few and far between these days but when I see a film that's not had any mentions I'd rather review that so people know about it

Victoria - directed by Sebastian Schipper (German and English language)

I was recommended this film by my son who said don't read about it just watch it, so I did. What a cracking film this is, a one shot two hour naturalistic film that goes from a bit of late night flirting in the street to full blown, full on mayhem. Brilliantly paced, so I'm not telling you all about it, just go and watch it. Putting the cinematographer's name, Sturla Brandth Grøvlen, as the first one you see when the credits roll tells you that he's getting the kudos and well he might as this film is a triumph he must be really proud of!

I agree with Christine. Victoria is a very good movie.