"Ucho" (The Ear) was "released" in 1970, but not officially until 1990 (end of the USSR).

It's a fine movie, and very well executed. I'll paste the IMDB description, since I don't want to spoil it, but if there are some who have seen it, we can always use the Spoiler tool on here to get more in-depth.

"After coming home from a Party gathering one night, a Czechoslovakian official becomes convinced that he is about to be the subject of a political purge and tries to do damage control, while also dealing with his turbulent marriage."

A good way I'd describe it is "The Lives of Others" meets "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
I loved how the protagonist had the camera right on him, speaking to him, which also gives the viewer the paranoia they are experiencing (mostly him, but also his wife). The flashbacks are used in a great way, because in real life, someone who has a feeling of being purged will look back and think "Maybe it was THIS, or maybe it was THAT"..

I'm going to look into this movie more, but very eager to throw this out there "before its too late!"