Your Favorite Dr. Hannibal Lecter Movie?

Tools    

Your Favorite Dr. Hannibal Lecter Movie?
13.79%
4 votes
Manhunter
75.86%
22 votes
The Silence Of The Lambs
3.45%
1 votes
Hannibal
3.45%
1 votes
Red Dragon
3.45%
1 votes
Hannibal Rising
0%
0 votes
None
29 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I just finished watching Manhunter and I think this is my favorite of them all. It used to be The Silence Of The lambs but for some reason I like this one better now. What do you think?

As a colossal fan of both the novels and films that feature Dr. Lecter and just a fan of the characterization of him in general I'll go with The Silence of the Lambs. However, Manhunter comes in a close second. I guess that The Silence of the Lambs would also be the popular choice among movie goers. Both are among my favorite films of all time. Red Dragon and Hannibal are mediocre films IMO. I have yet to see Hannibal Rising, but I seriously doubt I will like it better than any of the others considering the reviews it has gotten.

As a fan of the novels I am very pleased at how Lecter is portrayed on the screen. For the portrayals by both Mr. Cox and Mr. Hopkins, I find Hopkins to be the superior. Brian Cox's Lecktor was satisfying, but I find Hopkins Lecter to be one of the greatest male leading performances of all time (I know many will disagree). Hopkins acted the extraordinary complex, harrowing, and brilliant character of the distinguished Dr. Lecter to perfection IMO. Hopkins has turned Lecter into one of my all time favorite characters in cinema history.

With the exception of Hopkins I think that Manhunter did have the better ensemble cast. Tom Noonan was not how I pictured Dollarhyde in the book, yet I thought his performance was extraordinary for the film. I do like Ralph Fiennes though I think his performance falls drastically inferior to Noonans.

As for the novels I've decided a while ago that I like Red Dragon the best and Hannibal Rising the least. Though I think they are all fairly entertaining Red Dragon is my preference.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love all of the movies I havent seen Manhunter as ive heared Red Dragon is a remake of it, not sure if this is true? but they are all awesome, I'll have to go for "Silence of the lamb's" as it is the best out of them all.

There isnt a film there that isnt awesome, I really enjoyed "Hannibal the rising" I do love to see the background of Charactors thats why I enjoyed Rob Zombies remake of Halloween so much.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love all of the movies I havent seen Manhunter as ive heared Red Dragon is a remake of it, not sure if this is true? but they are all awesome, I'll have to go for "Silence of the lamb's" as it is the best out of them all.

There isnt a film there that isnt awesome, I really enjoyed "Hannibal the rising" I do love to see the background of Charactors thats why I enjoyed Rob Zombies remake of Halloween so much.

I love all of the movies I havent seen Manhunter as ive heared Red Dragon is a remake of it, not sure if this is true?.
It's not exactly a remake. They are both based off of the same novel entitled Red Dragon. All of the Hannibal films are based off of novels written by Thomas Harris. I highly recommend you try reading one. They are all fantastic.

Honestly I would go with the Silence of the Lambs because it is the original on which all others have been based. You can not make something any better than that.

The Silence of the Lambs.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I voted for Hannibal, but I'm not much of a fan of the movies or the character, truth be known.

I think the character is a silly romanticized serial killer we love hating and loving at the same time.

I'll take In Cold Blood or for something less serious Dirty Harry and the Scorpio Killer.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

The Silence. But that's because Jodie Foster is A+. Better even than the girl in Hannibal (julianne moore). somebody needs to do a jodie foster tribute page.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It's not exactly a remake. They are both based off of the same novel entitled Red Dragon. All of the Hannibal films are based off of novels written by Thomas Harris. I highly recommend you try reading one. They are all fantastic.

Awesome cheers for the heads up dude! Im a massive fan of the series and im going to cheak Manhunter out definatly. Im also going to try and read some of the books at some stage but ive got over 15 books in my pile that im going to read so after them maybe lol

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
i haven't seen Manhunter yet but i've heard that it's on par with Silence of the Lambs and i really loved Red Dragon (the book...and the movie actually) and i think Dolarhyde is a very interesting serial killer so i'm super excited to see Manhunter

red dragon easy **** rising hopkins is docta lecter bitch breif snyopisis of mnhunter plz ive never heard of it

what is manhunter? never heard of it?