The Official NFL Thread

Tools    

So long as KC isn't back in the bowl, I'm fine with whatever. Would like to the 49ers do well. Buffalo is scrappy and they're due.

Is the KC negativity (not just from Corax, I think he's like the fourth person to say something to that effect) just not wanting to see a team that's won the previous year (and/or multiple times recently) win again? Is it a Taylor Swift backlash thing? Something else?

Everyone around here thinks it’s Baltimore’s only chance with KC having a down year
"Around here" being where?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I don't know how you Mountain Marylander's feel, but I don't get the "thank goodness KC is not KC this year" vibe from any of the Ravens fans around me. Outside of pesky division foes like Pittsburgh and Cleveland - because those games are always funky - most Ravens fans I know feel like they are capable of beating everyone and anyone, fair and square.

With the exception of the Rams in Week Fourteen when they won with that amazing punt return in OT, the massive, decisive beat downs they put on Detroit (38-6), San Francisco (33-19), Miami (56-19), Houston (25-9), and Seattle (37-3) were not the "business as usual" kinds of wins they have had in past frustrating seasons.

Obviously none of those scores mean jack, now, and in their handful of losses they did tend to beat themselves by not fully taking advantage of opportunities, which is much more business as usual in the bad sense, but on paper this is one of the strongest teams they have ever had, definitely the most balanced and the most explosive offense, even without Mark Andrews and half of the running backs.

We shall see, in and out of Maryland. As a season ticket holder I will have seats for the Division and Championship rounds, if they make it that far, and will know in a couple weeks if we get the lottery for Super Bowl tickets. My brother and I attended their first Super Bowl down in Tampa Bay where their historic defense beat the ever livin' stuffing out of the Giants. This defense is not that strong (few ever will be), but this is an exciting team to watch. Hopefully for a few more games.

Their two Super Bowl years they won the AFC Championships on the road, in Oakland and in Foxborough (plus two losses in Pittsburgh and Foxborough). The potential of having one actually come through Baltimore is exciting, not since the Colts in the early 1970s. But lots to be done before that can happen.

The trick is not minding
I don't know how you Mountain Marylander's feel, but I don't get the "thank goodness KC is not KC this year" vibe from any of the Ravens fans around me. Outside of pesky division foes like Pittsburgh and Cleveland - because those games are always funky - most Ravens fans I know feel like they are capable of beating everyone and anyone, fair and square.
The vibe around here is not that they don’t think they could beat KC, but that that KC is more susceptible to being beat this year than previous years. Which is an obvious distinction.

Is the KC negativity (not just from Corax, I think he's like the fourth person to say something to that effect) just not wanting to see a team that's won the previous year (and/or multiple times recently) win again? Is it a Taylor Swift backlash thing? Something else?
All of the above. Plus they're in the AFC West. I don't even wish for a close game. I'd love to see the Chiefs humiliated. As far as the SB goes I would also love to see a Detroit/Buffalo matchup. That would finally be a Super Bowl worth watching.

I feel like if any of these teams got completely dismantled even without injuries to key players it wouldn't shock me in the least bit. But I guess it keeps things interesting.

All of these teams have good talent obviously but my trust factor in them is low. It must mean I too am low trustable.

A Detroit/Cleveland Super Bowl would be nice. The only downside would be that one of them has to lose after 70 years of waiting.
Party like the 50's again.

He "evolved".

A gum chewing higher life form.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I'm going to miss Pete Carroll, signed a Rams fan.

Should have parted ways with John Schneider also. You signed Jamal Adams for how much money?