Best alien character created in a movie or TV-series.

Tools    

I remember this guy but have no idea what movie it was. Seen it many times.
You weren't here yesterday, right?

Guild Navigator - Dune (1984).

The huge spice (melange) consumption, enables their prescience and they are able to navigate interstellar and galactic space - with their Heighliners (spaceships).
They live in tanks with concentrated amounts of orange spice gas.
Using the spice - that allows them to navigate folded space - with their huge starships.

Danara Pel - Star Trek Voyager

Dr. Danara Pel was a Vidiian hematologist.

Vidiians were a race touched by a serious illness called "The Phage" - killing a lot of Vidiians during this disease.
This disease consumed the Vidiians, by devouring their body tissues and destroying their cellular structures.
Their medical system was highly advanced , because they were able to transplant organs and skin from various aliens and adapt those on their own bodies, in order to survive.
Here is how a Vidiian affected by the Phage looked like

the Horta
A monster from the original Star Trek, that turns out to be an anguished mother. There's a whole article in Wikipedia about the Horta. Here are a few interesting facts from that article.

The Horta was played by stuntman and acrobat Janos Prohaska, who also designed the costume. Prohaska was promised that if he created something good enough, the producers would rent the costume and pay Prohaska to play the part. Episode writer Gene Coon was convinced of the costume's effectiveness after an impromptu demonstration by Prohaska in the studios.[2]
William Shatner says this is his favorite episode of the series. His father died during its filming, but Shatner insisted on going through with production, and felt closer to the cast and crew for helping him through the difficult time.[3]
This episode also marks the first appearance of Doctor McCoy's catchphrase, "I'm a doctor, not a ...!" In this case, the line is, "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!", said by McCoy when Kirk orders him to heal the Horta.
The name Horta came from a well-liked sound effects and music editor at the time named Sam Horta. Sam later opened a sound editing facility in Burbank called “Horta Editorial”. His daughter Eileen continued in his footsteps and served as the president of the Motion Picture Sound Editors, M.P.S. E.

The Creature from - "The Shape of Water" (2017).

A master of monsters and special effects - Guillermo del Toro - brought his contribution in many films creating all sort of amazing characters, one of his favourite actors - Doug Jones - who played all sort of creatures.

Was he an alien (from another planet)? Or was he a terrestrial being... from an undiscovered, undersea race? Or some kind of mutant (of either human or fish species) or the result of scientific genetic experiments? Or did the movie not provide an explanation? (I saw it, but don't remember.)

As far as real aliens & UFO's go, I lean toward the explanation that, if the various phenomena derive from non-human beings, then they are not from another planet or star system, but are most likely fellow Terrans belonging to species or races that have remained hidden, perhaps for millennia while they advanced technologically, and may have claims to this planet far older than our own.

If I can't do Uncle Martin first, I will choose Klaatu, from The original The Day the Earth Stood Still, from 1951. As we know, ET is definitely an earth-like, European-appearing, English speaking male with a patrician accent. You could have a simple conversation with this extraterrestrial, since he knows English better than you do.

I've heard comparisons between Klaatu and Jesus (arrived from above, have great powers but benign intent, just wants to bring peace, gets killed but resurrected). I recall reading that Klaatu's slight denials that he had power were put in the script to appease religious people, but we know who he is. He's obviously a metaphor for the victim of human greed, violence and stupidity in a script that really is pretty good. The subsequent "remake" was awful.