Movies You Like To Fall Asleep To

Tools    

Vanilla Sky/Open Your Eyes (Abre Los Ojos)

I need something dull, melodic, tranquil... white noise, something in the background besides silence. Otherwise no beddy-bye time for this cranky kid.
I used to have similar feelings when I was a kid. Fall asleep to a late friday night film or something, but I can't do that today, too dependent on silence. I do feel like I HAVE to watch or play something before bed, though.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The American and Contagion

I fell asleep during the theater while watching Spiderman 2. but i didn't miss much though.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I've been putting on Harry Potter lately...Prisoner of Azkaban

Terminator Salvation (**** this movie)
Hulk
Ghost Rider
Steel
Live Free or Die Hard
Batman Begins
Any Harry Potter movie
That piece of **** 1998 Godzilla remake

The Adventure Starts Here!
The TV in our bedroom still isn't hooked up properly so I don't really do this anymore. But favorites that worked were Lost in Translation (it's just so calm and serene nearly all the way through, and so many scenes deal with insomnia anyway, LOL)... LOTR movies (because I know them so well), Cold Mountain, and anything that's more dependent on scenery or action than dialogue. If there's too much witty repartee, I pay too much attention.

If I want to fall asleep with a movie on, any Harry Potter movie or any LOTR movie will put me to sleep in less than half an hour.
How can you fall asleep to LOTR? The epic soundtrack just blares through half the thing! It keeps me up well enough.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Don't have any idea, because I never fell asleep to any film, but I'll still say Jaws. Guess why.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

If I feel tired I always become sleepy while watching any film.If it's not in the cinema,I just pause it,instantly go to bed,then wake up and finish it.Actually,it's a weird experience.

Finished here. It's been fun.
It's not a bad film but I took an insanely nice nap mid-way through watching Tree of Life. That's a great film to fall asleep too.

Godfather 2. Not because its boring, I know it almost by heart and that is why.

Upstream Color, Cypher (the music is fantastic, and the movie is nice and quiet for the most part), The Boondock Saints, Citizen Kane, The Artist, Metropolis, Waking Life, A Scanner Darkly, Johnny Mnemonic (seen billions of times), 2001: A Space Oddysey, A Clockwork Orange, lots of others.

Movies I can't stand falling asleep to:
Logan's Run, Seven Psychopaths (the music so annoying to me), Anguish

Vampires suck..?? How can anyone tolerate this movie