Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Ice Storm (Lee, 1997)

Ang Lee examines the humor and cruelty intertwined with sexuality, how growing up is a construction that obfuscates the challenges you face all of your life, the pettiness of the mechanisms which create life driving people apart, the intimacy and consolation observed in the destruction of life, and existential meditations on the cyclical nature of existence. A really subtle, tender picture. Incredible stuff.

Two Days, One Night (2014)

+

The Dardenne brothers are just so damn good at what they do. This is one of them that easily could be the most melodramtic, Lifetime-esque film possible, but, like The Kid with a Bike, they pull through, thanks to their dedication to realism, and honesty. Marion Cotillard gives one of the best performances I've seen this decade. Everytime she briefly smiles, or has a small little victory, you really do feel like cheering. A fantastic movie.

Enter the Dragon (1973)

Good Saturday morning movie. Acting is mediocre, story predictable but who cares. The movie is immortal! And you gotta love Bruce Lee's whaaaaaa noises

Legend in my own mind
Enter the Dragon (1973)

Good Saturday morning movie. Acting is mediocre, story predictable but who cares. The movie is immortal! And you gotta love Bruce Lee's whaaaaaa noises

Superb

"Boards don't hit back..."

Red Angel (1966)

-

Nishi is a Japanese army nurse during wartime with China. Besides dealing with the usual war devastation, she has to deal with disease, men who haven't been around women in a while, drug addiction, and more. That doesn't mean there isn't time for love. It's about the morality of it all. You feel like you're there and the performances are very good. It's not for the squeamish. It's a great hidden gem and a great recommendation from The Samoan Lawyer.

[center]Red Angel (1966)

-

Nishi is a Japanese army nurse during wartime with China. Besides dealing with the usual war devastation, she has to deal with disease, men who haven't been around women in a while, drug addiction, and more. That doesn't mean there isn't time for love. It's about the morality of it all. You feel like you're there and the performances are very good. It's not for the squeamish. It's a great hidden gem and a great recommendation from The Samoan Lawyer.
I remember this one. Gotta re watch

Zodiac (2007) -

This is definitely one of the most unsettling films I've seen

This is definitely Fincher's masterpiece

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

You Only Live Once (1937)

Equus (1977)

The great Richard Burton plays a psychiatrist whose new patient, a 17 year old boy, blinded 6 horses. This is a weird and dark movie that would seem to suit a director like Ken Russell more than Sidney Lumet. It's slow paced and takes some getting into it, but it's a very good flick.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Equus (1977)

The great Richard Burton plays a psychiatrist whose new patient, a 17 year old boy, blinded 6 horses. This is a weird and dark movie that would seem to suit a director like Ken Russell more than Sidney Lumet. It's slow paced and takes some getting into it, but it's a very good flick.
I know it's got awards, a pedigree and a naked Jenny Agutter, but it really is boring and preposterous as filmed realistically by Lumet. The whole bizarre point of the play's abstractness, which was its real justification because otherwise the mystery is so obvious, was overturned and it seemed more like an alternative version of Exorcist II: The Heretic, which came out the same year, than Equus the play.

I know it's got awards, a pedigree and a naked Jenny Agutter, but it really is boring and preposterous as filmed realistically by Lumet. The whole bizarre point of the play's abstractness, which was its real justification because otherwise the mystery is so obvious, was overturned and it seemed more like an alternative version of Exorcist II: The Heretic, which came out the same year, than Equus the play.
There were points in the first half while I was still struggling with it that I wondered if I could almost burst out into laughter.

Struggled with this one at the start being a love story a musical and featuring Jazz as the subplot three things I am not over enamoured about I did not think I would like it, however the film was stunningly made a real work of art and Emma Stone I find to be extremely attractive and these element were helping me to get through the film but by the end I was also really enjoying the story lines as well and ended up thoroughly enjoying the whole experience highly recommended.