Help Recommend a film.

Tools    

Killing of a Chinese Bookie, The (1976)

What a great title. I have to check this one out.

Well Well L.B J, The John Holmes of lists. I'm sure a few of these are going to be going on my "to see" list.

I have not seen "The Manchurian Candidate" yet, but that as well is on my list.

Wasn't "True Romance" amazing? That is one movie I can watch over and over, and not get bored.

I just bought the new True Romance SE love it. While it's an all out B film the script by Tarantino does raise it up to another level. Plus that cast is amazing and Scott's treatment of the characters and there surroundings are moody atmospheric and very well paced.

As for The Manchurian Candidate just watch this great conspiracy thriller again a few days ago. Sinatra is on fire. If anyone ever was to question his ability as an actor I would tell them there simply crazy check out The Manchurian Candidate. He's also great in The Naked Runner plus many other films but, anyone wanting to check the man out should check this two bad boys out for sure.

I have the power
Broadcast News. My favourite movie.

It's amazing that this 1987 film was nominated for 7 Academy Awards, yet nobody seems to talk about it anymore, and a great deal of people have never even heard of it. I think it's absolutely brilliant. William Hurt, Holly Hunter and especially Albert Brooks are all great. Jack Nicholson and Joan Cusack are excellent in support.

See it. Now.

I also bought the "True Romance" SE D.V.D. I was one of the first people in Canada to by it. I left my igloo very very early, so early in fact, that I almost tripped on some hockey player doing squats.

Anyways, the D.V.D was superb, and i've already watched it three times. Gary Oldman is so funny "sit down and have an eggroll, we got everything here from a diddle eyed doe, to damned if I know."

I can not stress this fact enough...EVERYONE rent True Romance, you will love it.

Whatcho talkin about Willis? Broadcast News? I may check this out, but whenever I try to draw up some mental pictures of the film, visions of "Network"and "W.K.R.P in Cincinnati" keep jumping up.

......maybe that's a good thing.

I just saw the documentary "Dogtown and Z Boys". It's the origin of skateboarding, and even though I am not into skateboards, this film made me think... damn I should have got into that. A learning experience.

Another film I kind of liked was "Made" with Vince Vaughn - who was really, really funny in it. Watch it for a laugh.

"Storytelling" was a really good dark film.

My list is getting thin. Keep them coming -- The films I've recently kicked off my list are ..."Being There" "The Manchurian Candidate" "I Shot Andy Warhol" "Sliding Doors"........

I'm in love with Coffy (1973) right now, starring THE Pam Grier. She's bada$$.

Couple of recent video releases (hope they weren't mentioned already):

Reign of Fire - Really a lot of fun. Dragons, Post -apocalytic landscape, sneering heroes. Great!

Wit - Was originally a HBO movie but is now on video. Emma Thompson is fantastic as a stuck up professor dying of cancer.

Pop Culture Kid

Columns and Opinion on Movies, Comics, Sports, TV and More
www.popculturekid.com

The Boondock Saints, This Movie ROCKS HARD!

Movie Forums Extra
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a relatively new movie, just released on DVD for that matter, I'd recommend checking it out if you like dark humor. It also has some very suspenseful moments, easily one of vals best movies. there is a preview at kkbbcasting.com

If Anyone is interested in increasing their global cinematic experience, here are a few flicks from New Zealand i would reccomend:

In My Father's Den Dir. McGann, 2004 Probably the best film to come out of New Zealand in the last 5 years. Pacing is a bit slow- but worth it.

Vigil Dir. Vincent Ward, 1984 One of the best NZ flicks of all time.It's often written off for being too slow, or criticized because not a whole lot happens, but i think this is one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen. Speilberg expressed his impression with this movie in the late 80's. See this movie.

Goodbye Pork Pie Dir. Geoff Murphy, 1981 This is a hilarious NZ road movie, and a hell of a lot of simple fun. Also displays quite a bit of the NZ landscape, if you are interested. From the director of Young Guns 2 and Under Seige 2, but if you can let that slip for a few hours- then check this one out.

lol

I recommend The World's Fastest Indian with Anthony Hopkins as Burt Munro. It is a heartwarming little film with Hopkins in one of his best performances. I also recommend Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic...hilarious stuff from the hottest funniest woman in comedy today. I loved it.

Originally Posted by Captain Driftwood
I recommend The World's Fastest Indian with Anthony Hopkins as Burt Munro. It is a heartwarming little film with Hopkins in one of his best performances. I also recommend Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic...hilarious stuff from the hottest funniest woman in comedy today. I loved it.
I saw that trailer a few days ago for the first time and it does indeed give that feel of the nice little film you say it is.

Level 2 : Farmer
Smiling fish & goat on fire is a good movie that not many people have heard of or seen. I think? Kikujiro is a great japanese film by takeshi kitano.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Mousey350
Ultraviolet
Seriously? This has to be one of the worst films ever made. Ever. From the ridiculously bad special effects, to the inane, eye-rolling battle scenes, to the silly, over-glossed post-production bizzareness, I couldn't find a single redeeming quality in this film. Even Milla's ass couldn't save this one. Yeah...that's 1.5 hours of my life I'll never get back...

Braveheart
Some Like It Hot
Leathal Weapon
Pulp Fiction
Battle Royal
The Rock
Almost Famous
The Fly
Run Lola Run