Which character was played by all these actors/actresses?

Tools    

A pretty self-explanatory game from the title, right?

I'll start with an almost pitifully easy one!

Gary Oldman
Christopher Lee
Klaus Kinski
Louis Jourdan
Frank Langella
Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Javier Botet
Patrick Bergin
Max Schreck
Jack Palance
David Peel
Bela Lugosi

A pretty self-explanatory game from the title, right?

I'll start with an almost pitifully easy one!

Gary Oldman
Christopher Lee
Klaus Kinski
Louis Jourdan
Frank Langella
Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Javier Botet
Patrick Bergin
Max Schreck
Jack Palance
David Peel
Bela Lugosi
Dracula!

Not quite sure, but I think the lead character was probably a fairly toothsome fellow.

Then the one I can't quite place as a vampire is Patrick Bergin, but I see that he did a role as Vlad the Impaler, AKA Dracula. It seems to have been an updated Vlad that moved him from way back to the era where he could meet Lucy, Mina and Jonathan.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Fun idea.

Nietzsche

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Just a quick comment on the first post and the issue of Max Schreck playing "Dracula".

There's a bit of confusing history: while the movie Nosferatu (1922) was based on Bram Stoker's novel, the names for the film were changed to protect from legal action (which failed). At one point English subtitles used Stoker's original character names. So it remains a bit ambiguous as to whether Schreck played "Dracula" or not depending on which copies of the film you have access to. In Nosferatu (which means "vampire" in German) Schreck's character's intended name was Graf Orlock.

IMDB Trivia:
The film was loosely based on the Bram Stoker book but the characters' names were changed in an attempt to prevent legal action (which failed). The subtitles were translated into French, then when the film went to the USA into English but with Stoker's character names used. In the meantime the original prints were destroyed because of the legal action, so the original subtitles were lost. The American version went to the UK, and then was translated back into German for a release there. When restorers were about to make a definitive version, they were looking through a number of archives. Unfortunately, all of the prints they found had the changed subtitles, so they gave up hope of being able to recover the originals. They later heard of a good print in an East German archive. When they got there, they found out that the print had been loaned out. The restorers were then offered to have a look at another print from the archive, which wasn't considered as good as the other one. When the restorers observed that print, they discovered that it had the original subtitles. It had been sitting there for half a century and nobody had noticed.

I got one:

Guy Pearce
David Bowie
Bill Hader
Max Bringelson
Jared Harris
Sean Gregory Sullivan
Crispin Glover

Andy Warhol

Brian Cox
Gary Oldman
Bob Hoskins
Albert Finney
Brendan Gleeson
Richard Burton

Yeah, I figured that was too easy.

Your turn

But not as easy as this next one...

Mads Mikkelsen
Brian Cox
Anthony Hopkins
Gaspard Ulliel

Hannibal Lecter

Tom Ripley

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra