How are you watching the Oscars this year?

Tools    

Are you planning to watch the Oscars this year, and if so, do you have any special plans for that evening?

Folks I know have different ways of enjoying the Oscars. Some have a small get-together and invite their friends. There are also some independent theaters that have viewing parties with local artists taking the spots for commercial breaks. I've seen and heard of a lot of interesting ways to watch the awards.

There is usually an Oscar chat that happens here, so be sure to check that out. I'm going to watch on tv at home while participating in the Oscar chat here and posting in an Oscar thread on another site as well. I love watching the Oscars.

Just watching at home, same as always.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Watching it on ABC.

Does anyone know if any of the streaming services will be covering it?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Maybe, maybe not. I might just opt to read the outcome after the show and avoid all of the gowns, posturing and political commentary. The ceremony is of little value to me....seeing the rich and famous take bows gets old.

Watching it on ABC.

Does anyone know if any of the streaming services will be covering it?
Yeah I can Google that for you!

From about 10pm UK time, on Sunday 10th, Freeview channel 3 "ITV1" and the the online service ITVx are showing the ceremony.

This year is the first time in 20+ years that the UK has had the Oscars ceremony broadcast live, without needing to pay seventeen mortgages for a subscription to a channel you don't actually want.

Absolutely no interest in it. I find the whole thing increasingly depressing in the grand scheme of cinema.

Will probably look up o Monday to see how Zone of Interest and Anatomy of a Fall did, but that's it.

No, I'll find out what happened in the morning and check out the gowns on https://www.gofugyourself.com a humorous site about fashion.
Me: Ugly gown, stupid gown, what the hell were they thinking gown, what..no swans this year gown, that's not too bad gown, hey...that was a nice gown!

And that's only if my wife is looking at the gowns on the internet the next day and I happen to walk by and pause for a look see for a couple of minutes...that's the most I'll see of the Oscars.

We actually have a live Oscar chat here on the site every year. This'll be our 17th year doing it. A couple of hours before the ceremony starts there'll be a big banner on the header of the site that takes you to the chat room. Works on mobile and all that, too, and I post stats and picks leaderboard updates throughout the night. It's good fun, you should join!