Star Wars Rouge One Re-shoots. Is That A Bad Sign?

Tools    

I read that studio execs over at Disney have ordered re-shoots after they found it to be tonally different to a Star Wars movie and felt too much like a war movie. Is this a sign of studio meddling or just another case of re-shoots being ordered to tweak some parts like almost every Hollywood film does (Force Awakens did for example). I really wanted these stand alones to be tonally different from the "Skywalker Storyline" (Prequels, Original Trilogy, New Trilogy). I also really want them to be more violent and dark since kids or fans of the original tone already have 7 films (4 good ones) to get that tone and level of maturity. I want Rouge One and the other stand alones to be different and more mature but it looks like studio execs are putting their hands in to make sure they get the same return and reception that Force Awakens got. What are your thoughts?

Its not unheard of for reshoots in any movie for december is far enough away. Some of a films best moments and lines come from reshoots. My guess is its likely More Vader stuff being done. I think the studio wants too see the baddest sith of them all in action like Kylo Unleashed. But I also think Disney Needs to but out and let Lucasfilm handle the star wars stuff. Because Disneys meddling in Marvel has effected Movies Starting With Whedon and Ultron. I dont want any since of JJ in this movie. The movie looks fine Disney leave it too people handling the movie.

Its not unheard of for reshoots in any movie for december is far enough away. Some of a films best moments and lines come from reshoots. My guess is its likely More Vader stuff being done. I think the studio wants too see the baddest sith of them all in action like Kylo Unleashed. But I also think Disney Needs to but out and let Lucasfilm handle the star wars stuff. Because Disneys meddling in Marvel has effected Movies Starting With Whedon and Ultron. I dont want any since of JJ in this movie. The movie looks fine Disney leave it too people handling the movie.
I know that reshoots are common but the reason why Disney has ordered them worries me.

I am not excited for this movie at all...the trailers don't make it look like it's going to be very good :/

I know that reshoots are common but the reason why Disney has ordered them worries me.
It should worry you when studios mess with movies 4 months before release. Not all films can make The Force Awakens money and lets be clear after reshowings enough times the movie really didnt feel that much a Star Wars movie but a copy tribute film that had Carrie, harrison and Mark in it. Maybe was the fact that R2 AND 3 PO were well reduced too cameos and everyone know the droids are as big as the Falcon and BB8 dont count.
Fans wanna see R2 not some wilson droid.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I am not excited for this movie at all...the trailers don't make it look like it's going to be very good :/
Is there another trailer I don't know about, because the trailer is awesome.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Very bad sign. I don't think it will do very well.

I read that studio execs over at Disney have ordered re-shoots after they found it to be tonally different to a Star Wars movie and felt too much like a war movie. Is this a sign of studio meddling or ...
Yes this is a sign of a studio meddling.
Thats why they call it STAR WARS Disney! Watch Disney rename it entire and start calling them STAR FIGHTS.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
They got the first movie right but doesn't look like they are going to get the first big spinoff right.

Who cares how the rebels got the DS plans? I don't.

The rumor is that one scene that has to be as Edwards who is livid about changing anything says has to be reshoot so kids can watch it. Its apparently was a Vader Rebel Massacre scene which was too too dark and graphic for Disneys liking. Edwards is threatening if they dont back off too leak the story and answer questions about the movie.

What reshoots did Force Awakens have in the final cut?
Quite a lot.

There were scenes on Hosnian Prime with the Republic, and a load of characters, but those characters/actors were simply cut to a 2 second clip watching the huge lasers coming to kill them.

Maz Kanata's scenes were reshot extensively as well. In the trailers she's shown meeting Leia and handing Skywalker's saber to her. This scene was completely removed and Maz's scenes totally redone and changed.

TFA was chopped and changed hugely before release.

yeah disney had them remove a scene where Chewy saves Rey from the Platt character who grabs her arm and Chewy Ripps his arms off. Disney wouldnt ok this scene even for the deleted scenes. Lucas was the type back in the day where he would have told disney too stay out of his movies. Marvel and Lucasfilm will have too do a simular thing of disney will ruin these movies like they ruined POTC Franchise and not Depp.

Wait & see but for a movie who's came back for money... Not so so bad. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars movies but this one, don't know what to think. Can't wait to watch it and see the result.