Best 'True Story' film?

Tools    

well you guys have come up with a great list already..... thought id add "Aviator" and "Erin Brockowich". now i donno if these could be considered among the best, but i was impressed. besides these two are just one of the many.

would have to be Tupac's "Resurrection"

??cixelsid ma i fi tahw os
hmmm...

so many...

i think glory road

I have to return some videotapes.
Has anyone seen The Man Who Skied Down Everest (1975)? Seeing if anyone had any insight prior to picking it up.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
well you guys have come up with a great list already..... thought id add "Aviator" and "Erin Brockowich". now i donno if these could be considered among the best, but i was impressed. besides these two are just one of the many.
I haven't seen Aviator but I did like Erin Brockowich a great deal!

Summer of Sam
with John Leguizamo

thought of some more.....
Schindler's List
Basketball Diaries
Mighty Heart... {now i know this movie has not yet released but i hav been following the story and it seems like a sure winner.}
check Angelina's look in the movie..... shes unrecognizable....

*remember the titans
*schindlers list
*small sacrifices(Dont know if it made it to dvd but is on lifetime.)

Have you guys seen Nobody Knows by Hirokazu Koreeda? It was based on a news item of a woman who abandoned her children in an apartment. Truly heart-wrenching, but my god what a great director this guy already is.

And yep, the kid on the cover won best actor at Cannes 2004 for it.

Napolean Dynamite

hahahahahaha
just kidding

Napolean Dynamite

hahahahahaha
just kidding
Don't you do that again I nearly had a heart attack

One I just watched last night, Last king of Scotland. Forest Whitaker does a superb job of playing Idi Amin Dada, the president of Uganda in the 70's. Excellent performances, excellect directing by Kevin Macdonald.

Men of Honour - Cuba Gooding Jnr. portrays the part superbly and robert DeNiro is awesome!!
Ali - Will Smith stepped into the shoes of one of the greatest sportsmen of all time , and did him great justice!

I have to return some videotapes.
So I know it's not been made into a film yet, but John Grishams latest book, The Innocent Man, is freakin awesome. He takes a brilliant stab at non-fiction with a true story about a man who was convicted of a murder he did not commit and all the mis-handlings of his trial and utter corruptness of the law. I definitely think it has potential to become a great film, but we all know how great works wind up thrashed.

The Pianist is a really really good film, cinematography is superb and I always think Adrien Brody is a fantastic actor

THE DOORS Directed by Oliver Stone

"Those are all good true stories guys , but i didn't see "The Doors" anywhere! Not only its my favorite Movie based on a true story But it's My favorite Oliver Stone movie.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I like The Doors a lot too, and Val Kilmer deserved an Oscar, but I didn't really consider it a "true story". I mean, unless you truly believe that Morrison was the "Lizard King"!