The 2023 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

Best Supporting Actor

Our next category was a little less decisive.
We have a clear favourite, but the two who tied for second put up a decent fight.

And the winner is...

Best Actress

Unlike the supporting category, the leading ladies all fought for our favour.
Only one point separated first place from the two who tied for second.

And the winner is...

Sandra Hüller, Anatomy of a Fall

If you thought Emma Stone or Lily Gladstone had this in the bag... well, you would've been close! They both tied for second.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	05 - best actress.png
Views:	69
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	98807  

Best Actor

While the supporting actors had a tight race, most of the main men managed to fall behind.
We had a clear favourite, and only 1 other put in much effort to compete with him.

And the winner is...

I think Sandra Hüller's win was the most surprising to me - though it was a pleasant one for sure. I quite liked Anatomy of a Fall, and a lot of that film rides on her performance.

Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer

Given how many awards Oppenheimer has received already, this probably isn't much of a surprise to anyone!
Alexander Payne and Emerald Fennell both tied for second.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	03 - director.png
Views:	55
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	98811  

Worst Film

Before we get to our most beloved film of the year, it's time to shake our fists at the ones we disliked the most!
Two films in particular got the thumbs down from us, and only 1 point separated them in the end.

And the winner is...

Best Film

And now for the biggest award of the year!

Unlike the 2022 Film Awards, we haven't had one single film nearly wipe the board, but we've still had a few clear favourites emerge along the way.
This was another close race, with two films tied for second, and one favourite just slightly ahead.

And the winner is...

Very interesting results! Thank you for running the event!

Thank you all for being here! Below you'll find an easy-to-read list of the winners of each category:

Text Only Winners  

While I have everyone's attention, I do have a little questionnaire about the MoFo Film Awards that I'd appreciate everyone fill out once they have the time. If you are not comfortable posting your answers in the thread, feel free to message me instead! If you didn't participate but would like to have a say in the future of the Awards, you're welcome to share your opinions as well! The more the merrier!

1. Now that we've had a couple of years where the nominations were ranked, do you prefer this new system, or would you rather go back to each nomination being worth only 1 point?

2. We've only ever voted for 1 winner in each category. Are you happy with this, or would you prefer to rank your top 3 choices in each category instead?

3. Which group of categories do you like more:
Group A: Biggest Surprise of the Year, Biggest Disappointment of the Year
Group B: Most Overrated Film of the Year, Most Underrated Film of the Year

4. How would you feel about Best Actor and Best Actress categories that include all performances, regardless as to whether they were main roles or supporting ones?

5. Occasionally an actor will have prominent roles in multiple films that release the same year. Do you prefer nominating them for each role individually, or would you prefer simply to nominate an actor, and have it account for multiple films?

6. Do you think Animation, Documentaries and Foreign films should keep their individual categories, or should there only be a Best Film category that encompasses everything?

7. Is there are genre or type of film (such as shorts, stand-up, or music) that you think should have it's own category? If yes, please share what that is.

8. For films that technically release in one year, but aren't available globally until the following year, the current rule is that they can be nominated for the following year's awards as long as they didn't become a finalist the first year they were eligible. Are you happy with this rule as it is, or do you think it would be fair to allow films to be nominated again anyway, as long as they didn't previously win any category?

9. Currently we are given 3 months to decide on our nominations, then an additional month to vote for the winners. Are you content with this set-up, or would you prefer there to be more time after the finalists are revealed?

10. Since awards season is typically at the start of the year, we've always began the MoFo Film Awards around that time as well. Do you think this is a tradition we should continue, or would you be happy to start later, when more of the festival films and December releases are available globally?

11. If the MoFo Film Awards were to take place later in the year, would you be happy with a shorter nomination period?

12. Do you have a suggestion that is not covered by any of the above questions? If so, please share it!