Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
It also sounds like I had higher expectations than you did, too.

It also sounds like I had higher expectations than you did, too.
Yea definitely, and if I'm not mistaken, you see some of these at the cinema when they first come out, so there's more effort involved that you want to be rewarded for.

Yea definitely, and if I'm not mistaken, you see some of these at the cinema when they first come out, so there's more effort involved that you want to be rewarded for.
Watching a movie in cinema can create pleasant associative memory and increase ascribed rating.

Watching a movie in cinema can create pleasant associative memory and increase ascribed rating.
I stopped going because I didn't enjoy it anymore. The last movies I went to see were Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Hangover II in 2011. I am planning on breaking that streak with Patriot's Day. I do still go to the drive-in though, but that's just because I can smoke, drink beer, and piss in the woods.

Welcome to the human race...
That's what you get for seeing Hangover II in theatres. What makes Patriot's Day special enough to break the streak?

In my case, yeah, I do still go see movies at the theatres. There are a variety of factors, though thinking about it now I realise that issues with local film distribution are a major factor - at least putting in the effort for a theatrical viewing is an immediate guarantee as opposed to waiting however long for the chance that it may end up being accessible on the home market. Also, I know where the tickets are cheap and it's not like I've got a whole lot else going on.

EDIT:

For the Love of Spock -

Fascinating.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
John Wick (2014)
+

Not bad. Glad he was a dog person. Can't imagine a cat person taking on the mob. It wasn't too long. Keanu has that defective walk, where he really wasn't convincing as a healthy tough guy walking, but, was very good as a stumbling and beaten down tough guy, stumbling and tripping over his own feet. I had a good time watching it.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Hovering Over Water (dir. Monteiro)
+

The length is rather unwieldy (the film clocks in at a near 2.5 hours), but the film is really quite solid overall.

The Cannibals (dir. Oliveira)

From a cinematographic standpoint, absolutely stunning. The film, however, takes a willldddddd turn in the final act, which I'm not completely on board with (at this point in time, anyway). Craziest tone change I've seen since Refn's The Neon Demon.

The Westerner (1940)

I had this on my 40's watchlist just because it's directed by William Wyler. I don't think it's one of his very best, mostly due to a plot involving homesteaders and cattle ranchers and a love story that I thought were average. It is well worth watching, however, for the performances of Walter Brennan as Judge Roy Bean and Gary Cooper as a drifter type. The interplay and dialogue between them is priceless. There's also an amusing subplot involving a lock of hair.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
From a cinematographic standpoint, absolutely stunning. The film, however, takes a willldddddd turn in the final act, which I'm not completely on board with (at this point in time, anyway). Craziest tone change I've seen since Refn's The Neon Demon.
What's the matter, Lucas, don't you like pork?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Swiss Army Man -
-

This film is completely nuts. I mean it starts off with Paul Dano escaping from a desert island by riding a dead Daniel Radcliffe like a jetski propelled by his farts. Once they reach the "real world" the farting started continuing and i was actually considering turning it off; farting doesn't greatly bother me but i also don't find it amusing and i had no intention of sitting through 90+ minutes of farting, then it just got a million times weirder and more intriguing when Radcliffe started coming more and more alive. Won't go through everything but yeah, extremely weird but somehow compelling film particularly Radcliffe and Dano's relationship. I had no idea what this was going but i ended up liking it alot more than i expected to from the first 15 minutes.

The Quiet Earth (1985)

Flatliners (1990)

Barfuss (Barefoot) (2005)

Furious 7 (2015)

Hush (2016)

David Brent: Life on the Road (2016)

Sugar Mountain (2016)

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
The Quiet Earth (1985)

Flatliners (1990)

Barfuss (Barefoot) (2005)

Furious 7 (2015)

Hush (2016)

David Brent: Life on the Road (2016)

Sugar Mountain (2016)

Funny how both of us watched a Kiefer Sutherland movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Weiner - waste of time... very scripted and controlled, with a spice of baloney to make you think you're watching something hot and steamy.. It's a documentary watching a bunch of degenerates and leeches.