How do I get my reputation points up?

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by Zzat
I dont care about rep points but its nothing to whine about i guess cause does anybody care if you have less rep points then others?
In the "How do I get my reputation points up?" thread, apparently so.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Oh, Silly me, now youve explained it, everything makes sense! You tell me to "shut the f***k up" as a bit of fun and to get me to stop whining?
Bingo! Easy as pie...and that's mostly just flour.

And ain't it amazing when I leave unsigned positive rep, there's not a "Wow, whoever that was, you're awesome!" bunch of posts. Yeah.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That's a little different to tell you the truth Mr.Pike.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
That's a little different to tell you the truth Mr.Pike.
No it isn't. If these rep points are so all-blasted important, wouldn't finding out who gave anonymous good rep be just as pressing - and probably a damn sight more interesting and more fruitful, than bad rep?

But it's all equally pointless, that's all I'm saying. To be pissed at one and not elated at the other is even sillier than caring either way to being with.

I shoot that bastard, that's my policy, Mr. Mayor.

You said "shut the f***k up". That's not criticism or a reason to bad rep someone by any means, it's just harsh, cruel and bad manners.

Ah well.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
You said "shut the f***k up". That's not criticism or a reason to bad rep someone by any means, it's just harsh.
I was probably running out of pithy things to leave as rep at that point. Or in a hurry. Or drunk. I don't really remember, it must have been weeks ago now. Besides, you're missing my larger point: there's no such thing as a post "good enough" or "bad enough" to warrant rep points. They're silly, and when members start taking them seriously and publicly whining, I start piling them on.

In any event, I'll stand by my "shut the fu*k up". In fact....

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
If these rep points are so all-blasted important, wouldn't finding out who gave anonymous good rep be just as pressing - and probably a damn sight more interesting and more fruitful, than bad rep?
Yeah it would, but as those people choose not to put their names, thats their choice. And i dont think anyone has ever been given positive or neg rep four times in 5 minutes from the same person. However the thing that makes this incident totally different is that you got caught out.

Now stop whining or you owe yourself some bad rep.

there's a frog in my snake oil

Little piggie got a point!

Nah, let's get along now. I think the pills are making us fight.

I'm just explaining myself to you crybabies, in hopes of this never happening again. But if it does, rest assured, I'll be there, handing out negative rep points. The fact that my name is attached now makes no difference. I never signed my reps, good or bad.

And sorry I disappointed you. I didn't know you cared.

OK, I'm not sorry.

...and the whole of MoFo suddenly saw what it was that was causing the warmth and heavenily glow, it was Holden's heart breaking free from his chest and beating like an angel's drum.

Lets put a smile on that block
He puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then Holden thought of something he hadn't before! Maybe good rep points, he thought, don't come from a store. Maybe rep points...perhaps...mean a little bit more...

He puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then Holden thought of something he hadn't before! Maybe good rep points, he thought, don't come from a store. Maybe rep points...perhaps...mean a little bit more...

In holden pikes defence he gave me unsigned positive rep in another thread and was suprised it was him.
I always enjoy his posts, he knows his films, altho he seems a little grumpy lol.
Not trying to pick sides or anything, but proves he dosent just give out unsigned negitive rep.

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
In holden pikes defence he gave me unsigned positive rep in another thread and was suprised it was him.
I always enjoy his posts, he knows his films, altho he seems a little grumpy lol.
Not trying to pick sides or anything, but proves he dosent just give out unsigned negitive rep.
yes, i agree....i received some myself

Revenge is a sweet thing...and i am not noble enough to resist handing Holden out all the negative rep that he deserves...Holden here I Come.

*Does the badass Walk and a smile of Vengeance appears on his face*

My two-cents: Don't take it personally if Holden gives you bad rep. He's just having a little fun. I'm also guilty of that on a few occasions, and chances are you'll gain it back just as quickly as you lost it if you really deserve it.

Originally Posted by Garrett
My two-cents: Don't take it personally if Holden gives you bad rep. He's just having a little fun. I'm also guilty of that on a few occasions, and chances are you'll gain it back just as quickly as you lost it if you really deserve it.
Then he won't mind if I have my share of fun too.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Then he won't mind if I have my share of fun too.
He probably won't, actually. Like I said, most people get them back just as quick as they those them, unless they're genuine a-holes (see: Django)