R.I.P. Eric Carmen

Tools    

Yes, I hated to hear this. I'd watched a bit of a Midnight Special video not long ago with Carmen and he was really good. It was on Midnight Special and he was with The Raspberries.

I was grooving on the song "Hungry Eyes" after Dirty Dancing came out and it was a nice surprise to find out it was Carmen singing it. Below is a video of him with the Raspberries from 2007 and they're great! Godspeed, Eric.

Hungry Eyes is probably the quintessential Dirty Dancing song.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Awww, I liked that song "All By Myself"

It's a fine song that I've known my entire life, but the lyrics have a lot more relevance today. The guitar sounded so George Harrison-like I had to look it up and saw it was John Lennon's lead guitarist, Hugh McCracken.

P.S. - I posted the full version, while most heard the single version. This song is almost 8 minutes long, but I prefer them uncut songs.

One of the best 80's tunes is credited to Eric Carmen.

This song is painfully nostalgic.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa