The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

What about it do you hate?
Everything?

I don't remember the specifics because it's a film I've intentionally tried to forget about. I do remember laughing at "serious" scenes, and while I liked Hugo Weaving's performance, I didn't care for his character or his motivations. The political commentary was not even remotely subtle, and I do recall rolling my eyes at the film's message a few times. And to top it off, I really dislike Natalie Portman and feel like she ruins everything I see her in, especially if she has any romantic involvement with other characters.

People say she's really good in Black Swan, but I haven't seen that and don't plan to.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Not sure how closely you've been following this list so far, but let's just say that the people who voted in this countdown tend to have a rather broad idea of what constitutes an action movie.
Wonder where Remains of the Day will end up.

Clearly many members who voted do not understand the definition of an action film. Westerns are westerns, hence why they are called westerns, of the genre called "westerns", so they are null and void. Arty anime is out too. And how the hell is Assault on Precinct 13 in the 90's? This list is an abomination!

Well at least I know Watchmen will make the cut if V for Vendetta did. I dont really consider either an action movie, but they are. Its hard to categorize an Alan Moore story, he makes a special point not to do it how its been done before.

What types of movies? It's just a drama.
When I googled it it said drama/romance so I figured it was like The Notebook, or A Walk to Remember or something. Is that not accurate? I generally find those types of movies (and romantic comedies by extension) to be very boring, so I only very rarely watch them.

I have To Correct The Order from my list
17th is Indpendence Day, 18 POTC And 19 Is Jurassic Park

I had my movies mixed up yesterday.

7th is Goldfinger On My List.

Im kinda pissed about Golden Eye getting only a Mention its the seond best Bond Movie if ask me.

When I googled it it said drama/romance so I figured it was like The Notebook, or A Walk to Remember or something. Is that not accurate? I generally find those types of movies (and romantic comedies by extension) to be very boring, so I only very rarely watch them.
Never seen A Walk To Remember but it is nothing like The Notebook. It is Romance because it's about 4 different people in relationships/cheating on each other, but it's very heavy. It's certainly not feel good at all and while there's some comedy it is in no way a Rom-Com.

It is Romance because it's about 4 different people in relationships/cheating on each other, but it's very heavy.
That's the sort of thing that really doesn't sound interesting to me. I don't like watching relationship drama.

That's fine but comparing it to Nicholas Sparks films is horrendously misinformed.
I'd never heard of Closer before. Those are just the "similar" things that came up in a google search. I think Google's definition of similar might be as broad as everyone in this countdown's varying definitions of action.

I'd never heard of Closer before. Those are just the "similar" things that came up in a google search. I think Google's definition of similar might be as broad as everyone in this countdown's varying definitions of action.
Closer was my #5 for this Countdown

3 of mine in one hit

23. Die Hard With A Vengeance - 74th
19. Independence Day - 72nd
15. Lethal Weapon 2 - 83rd
04. Starship Troopers - 75th