Ronnie Barker RIP

Tools    

Comedian Ronnie Barker has died

TV comedian Ronnie Barker has died at his home after a long illness, aged 76.

Ronnie Barker retired in 1987
The actor had starred in a series of comedies including the Two Ronnies, Porridge and Open All Hours.

He died yesterday, with his wife at his side, having suffered from a heart problem.

Best known for his role alongside the diminutive Ronnie Corbett in the TV hit The Two Ronnies, he was one of the most versatile and successful comic actors of his generation.

He also carved himself a role as the smart-alec prisoner Fletcher in the prison series Porridge, and as the lugubrious, stuttering shopkeeper Arkwright in Open All Hours.

He became renowned for his Spoonerisms. In Open All Hours, he said: "Don't just crit their siticising".

He retired at the age of 57 in 1987, to run his antique shop in the Cotswolds, before coming back recently for a run of The Two Ronnies.

Barker, who wrote many of the scripts for The Two Ronnies, got his TV break came when he was chosen for the supporting cast of The Frost Report with John Cleese in 1966.
telegraph.co.uk

RIP Ronnie

The People's Republic of Clogher
Awwww no.

Ronnie Barker was a hero of mine. Aside from being one of the best comic actors Britain has produced, he did a very cool thing in my eyes by walking away from showbusiness and running his little Antiques shop in the '80s.

Porridge is my all-time favourite sitcom too.

Thanks nebbs and RIP Ronnie.

"To get a job where the only thing you have to do in your career is to make people laugh. Well, it's the best job in the world." Ronnie Barker.

Lets put a smile on that block
This is so sad. I love Mr Barker and the odd little Mr Corbett. I loved the Phantom Rasberry Blower, so funny.

Whats even a little scary is i was chatting with my friends the other day and one of them suggested Ronnie Barker had died, when in fact he hadnt, and then two days later, this happens!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by nebbit
Porridge is one of Roberts favourites also
MO: Suffer from any illness?
Fletch: Bad feet.
MO: Suffer from any illness?
Fletch: Bad feet!
MO: Paid a recent visit to a doctor or hospital?
Fletch: Only with my bad feet! ...
MO: Are you now or have you at any time been a practicing homosexual.
Fletch: What, with these feet? Who'd have me?

Here to support the villians.......
British comedy just won't be the same without him, RIP Ronnie Barker.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Gutted, just back from holiday, so I've only just found out!!!
The phantom raspberry blower and Drakes Bottom are integeral parts of my childhood, whilst Porridge and Open All Hours were classics, he will be sadly missed.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I See You When You're Sleeping
I loved Ronnie Barker. One of my all time comedy favourites. The way his characters were so different to each other showed just how good a comedy actor he was.

On the other hand...

I just got a ticket to see the two Ronnies........half price.