Movie Tab II

Tools    

Aye boy don't spit in my drink!
Originally Posted by Sedai
Sunshine (Boyle, 2007) - This is maybe the 5th time I have watched this, and I just love it. The score is SO well done. A must see.
Did you think that...

WARNING: "Sunshine" spoilers below

...the very last scene, on Earth, was a weak way to end the movie?

I thought that scene was unnecessary and would've preferred the conclusion being in space and leaving the fate of Earth a little up in the air.

Did you think that...

I thought that scene was unnecessary and would've preferred the conclusion being in space and leaving the fate of Earth a little up in the air.
I'm curious what Sedai thought about that but... I disagree.

...If I had my way it could have gone without the voice-over recap but even with it I liked it and thought it was well set up. I liked the setting with the Opera House in the background too. Did you think it was overkill or something? It would have been a pretty bleak film ending in space, and I don't think that's what Boyle was going for. Also feel that if he left it with Murphy's character at the sun it would have been a bit abrupt, as it stands it felt more like they were leaving his story up in the air a little but still finishing with something grounded and complete. I don't know how else to say it other than it just felt right to me.

Awesome, awesome movie to see on the big screen. I'm really happy I bought it but I would easily trade in my DVD for a chance to see it theatrically again (for a third time).

Oh, and I re-watched Dead Ringers (wanted to be see if it was as good as I remembered it before adding it to my top 100 list) and saw Final Victory, which I've been meaning to track down for a while because I'd heard it was excellent. Well, it is excellent. I'm mulling over feelings about the ending, it's a pretty lighthearted, almost a romcom. A Hong Kong new wave gangster rom com written by Wong Kar-wai (before he started directing), starring Tsui Hark and Eric Tsang. I think I'll watch it again tomorrow.

On a side note I'm glad I picked it up. I'm pretty happy with these Fortune Star DVD's that I've bought recently (this and Peking Opera Blues), it's really nice to have something other than those awful Tai Seng videos with the cropped screen and unreadable/chopped-off subtitles.

Did you like this movie?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

The Pink Panther(The Original. I wouldn't touch the Steve Martin remake unless you paid me.):

I had never seen this whole film until about two days ago. A very fun film and to my suprise it focused more on the suspense part rather than the nonsensical comedy of the later films(Which are also highly reccomended. Stay away from the posthumous Sellers film and everything after it though.),I was also suprised that Clouseau(Probably spelled wrong. I don't have the patience to go look up the proper spelling) was not the focal point of the movie.They chose instead to focus on The Phantom(Who David Niven plays to perfection with a good combination of sly trickster and a smooth talking man.The perfect combination for a con-man.)which lead to an interesting dynamic in the film and seperates it a good deal from it's successors.

The action in this is very entertaining and everyone here does a wonderfull job with their specific character's. It's not too plot heavy, But it's one of those fun saturday afternoon films that you just pop in every once and a while to enjoy with loved ones.

Aye boy don't spit in my drink!
Originally Posted by linespalsy
I'm curious what Sedai thought about that but... I disagree.

...If I had my way it could have gone without the voice-over recap but even with it I liked it and thought it was well set up. I liked the setting with the Opera House in the background too. Did you think it was overkill or something? It would have been a pretty bleak film ending in space, and I don't think that's what Boyle was going for. Also feel that if he left it with Murphy's character at the sun it would have been a bit abrupt, as it stands it felt more like they were leaving his story up in the air a little but still finishing with something grounded and complete. I don't know how else to say it other than it just felt right to me.

Awesome, awesome movie to see on the big screen. I'm really happy I bought it but I would easily trade in my DVD for a chance to see it theatrically again (for a third time).
The scene just felt out of place to me and I would've preferred them finishing it off in some other way. The ending is by no means terrible, but I found so much of the movie to be fiercely creative and exciting and I would've liked to have seen an ending that matched.

A system of cells interlinked
Did you think that...

Nah. I have a very small complaint about the voice over at the end, but I think the film needed that ray of hope, and I found it very moving. Again though, I think they should have discarded the voice over, which wasn't needed.

I really don't think there is anything at all wrong with this film. One of my favs...

I've just seen Aguirre the wrath of God. I was convinced I had seen it a few years back but now I'm not so sure...(or I was under the influence of something mighty potent). I was under the impression that they were on a proper boat, not a raft...and I recalled the ending being somewhat different...is there some similar film about conquistadors going through the jungle? *confuzzled*

Edit: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure it was El Dorado I saw...ha...silly me...I remember being much more taken by that film than with Aguirre...:\

Welcome to the human race...
Would you like to explain why?
Because it was a very short, very ridiculous action movie with lots of cool-looking action in it.

I think that's the reason anyone likes it.

Evil Dead 2 -

I think I've watched this too many times now.

Bad Taste:

Peter Jackson's first film and it's a entertaining little film, But has little to no substance. I probably wouldn't have watched this if it wasn't on Internet Archive(A site with public domain movies.).It's one of those films that has alot of "Oh that was cool!" kind of moments in it.But, following the film you really don't have the urge to watch it again.

It was neat to see what they did with a shoestring budget though and the alien showdown at the end was well filmed. It was cineamatic fluff and while it's probably a fun film to watch with your buddy's on a weekend, It's not something I could justify watching alone again.