How do you cite the URL for a movie review you've done

Tools    

Locating an older review is a chore because the Search feature usually doesn't reveal it from the title.

But once the review is located how can you copy the URL to post it in another thread (so as not to paste the entire review)?

I go to the reviews page, then search by film.

I click into my own review, then copy the link from the URL at the top of the page.

OR

If you didn't mark it as a review in the system, find your post and then click the date in the top corner of the post. The URL in your browser is now the URL of that post.

Re: search. So, the problem here, such as it is, is that the search bar you're seeing in the header, the one that comes up if you click the magnifying glass? That's not a full site search. That's just a forum search, and by default it searches thread titles. I'd like to change that at some point because it does lead to the occasional (reasonable) misunderstanding.

That said, there is a Review-specific search that works very well. Just hit Reviews, linked in either the header or footer of all pages, and scroll down and look to the left. From there you can search by film, reviewer, and rating:

You can also go to your own profile (click on your avatar where the notifications come up and hit View My Profile), and on your profile you'll see a Reviews tab that lists them.

As noted by Takoma, this assumes the reviews have been tagged. Let me know if you're just looking for things you've written but which haven't been submitted/accepted as reviews, since that'd be a bit different.

As for copying it, you just copy the URL from the URL bar. Or, use whatever link you found to get to it, right-click and choose "Copy link address" or "Copy URL" (verbiage differs depending on browser and platform), and it'll be on your clipboard. Then hit Ctrl+V or right-click and hit "Paste" inside whatever you want the URL to show up.

Thanks for the tips, @Takoma11 and @Yoda.
I generally just post the entire review, but sometimes it seems a little pretentious to do that, so the URL link is better then.

The vast majority of my reviews have been in the "Rate the last movie you saw" thread. I submit reviews for posting in the "Reviews" forum only when I think the film is important, or gets a lot of discussion.

So the method of clicking on the date of the review, then copying the URL seems to be the easiest.

Thanks again!

The vast majority of my reviews have been in the "Rate the last movie you saw" thread. I submit reviews for posting in the "Reviews" forum only when I think the film is important, or gets a lot of discussion.
Up to you! But you're welcome to submit any review you write, even if only because it'll make them loads easier to find.

I have probably a couple of hundred reviews, if not more, that I never submitted. Too bad there wasn't some bulk submitting tool, as that's probably way too many to submit...at least all at once