Alright MoFos, I'm ready for my close-up

Tools    

Noice forum you guys have here. Honestly the least toxic online community I've ever joined. Consider this thread an awkward first date. Here are 10 things about me to break the ice:

1. Watching Jackie Chan and Van Damme flicks defined my childhood, as well as magical trips to the local movie rental shops.

2. The Cure (1995) was the first movie to make me cry. Followed by Jack starring Robin Williams and The Extremely Goofy Movie.

3. The only other forums I've frequented were rap music oriented with surprisingly strong movie communities. I like Nas, Young Thug, Aesop Rock, Lil Herb, Ghostface Killah, Scarface, etc. A fan of music in general.

4. Pacific Rim was a transcendent experience for somebody who grew up with big stacks of Power Ranger VHS tapes.

5. Before Sunrise and There Will Be Blood made movies a bigger deal for me in high school. As did the rest of PTA and Linklater's movies. Other white boy directors like Tarantino and Wes Anderson as well.

6. I hate rating movies numerically, but I'm conforming on Letterboxd for some reason.

7. The Seventh Seal, Synecdoche N.Y., & 8 1/2 got me into existential cinema. Showed me the philosophical side of movies. The college years angst is real.

8. Boxing and MMA are two other chief interests of mine.

9. I should drink tea instead of coffee. I should read more.

10. I watch Jingle All The Way every Christmas.

Bonus Fact: It took me two days to find this subforum.

Noice forum you guys have here. Honestly the least toxic online community I've ever joined. Consider this thread an awkward first date.
I look forward to a thread where we both make a motion for the check at the same time.

1. Watching Jackie Chan and Van Damme flicks defined my childhood, as well as magical trips to the local movie rental shops.
So, we're pretty much best friends already.

4. Pacific Rim was a transcendent experience for somebody who grew up with big stacks of Power Ranger VHS tapes.
At the end of the first episode where they turn into the Megazord I instantly thought "THAT WAS SO COOL BUT WHERE DO THEY GO FROM HERE????" Turns out the answer was: they just keep doing that a lot, and then every now and then add a new person.

6. I hate rating movies numerically, but I'm conforming on Letterboxd for some reason.
I dub this "Peer to peer pressure."

9. I should drink tea instead of coffee. I should read more.
Don't forget: getting into jazz.

Bonus Fact: It took me two days to find this subforum.
The price of a clean layout, I'm afraid.

W E L C O M E
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Parallelism. This is high brow self deprecation.
I assumed as much; the phrase "white people" in that kind of context seems to be overwhelmingly used by white people.

For example: I just used it, and I'm white!

Welcome On The Forum buddy

Heres 3 things you have to know about me:
1- I'm the biggest fan of Ed Norton and CM Punk ever
2- my love for the movie American History X is infinite
3- I'm a horror movie fanatic

Parallelism. This is high brow self deprecation.
I assumed as much; the phrase "white people" in that kind of context seems to be overwhelmingly used by white people.

For example: I just used it, and I'm white!
I'm pretty sure Vine exists to document this phenomena.

Welcome On The Forum buddy

Heres 3 things you have to know about me:
1- I'm the biggest fan of Ed Norton and CM Punk ever
2- my love for the movie American History X is infinite
3- I'm a horror movie fanatic

1) Leaves of Grass is underrated.
2) It definitely introduced "curb stomp" into my lexicon.
3) Horror fans are some of the best. Good people.

I'm white, but I got into Jazz about twenty-eight years ago, as a natural extension of my love for Blues music, which was a natural extension from listening to lots of R&B, which was a natural extension from loving Rock & Roll, which was a natural extension of being born a human being on planet Earth. Some of you just don't keep progressing, or haven't gotten to that larval stage yet, and feel you have to lump what you don't understand into some kind of pretension you can ***** on. That's cool, but you'll learn as you get older. Or maybe you won't, and your musical taste will be retarded so that you'll like nothing new, ever? Whichever.

1) Leaves of Grass is underrated.
2) It definitely introduced "curb stomp" into my lexicon.
3) Horror fans are some of the best. Good people.
you rock man!! I'm agree with those three points