Frankenweenie

Tools    

Tim Burton and Disney to Bring Frankenweenie Back to Life

Tim Burton made a surprise appearance at the D23 Expo to display a 3-D teaser for his upcoming Alice in Wonderland (the same version currently available online), and announce his follow up project to be a stop-motion adaptation of Frankenweenie, one of the short films he made prior to his rookie feature-length directorial effort in Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure.

The original short film Frankenweenie was a live-action fantasy about a kid scientist’s pet dog that gets hits by a car, and is resurrected back to life in the fashion of the Frankenstein monster (neck bolts and all), and begins to strike terror amongst the neighbors. The film starred Shelley Duvall and Daniel Stern as the parents of the young mad doctor.

Frankenweenie was one of the projects that helped Tim Burton land Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure which got his foot in the Hollywood door, which allowed the start of projects that he’s become known for over the past twenty-plus years; such as Beetlejuice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, etc. The film is not available for viewing as a stand-alone video, but it is part of Walt Disney Home Entertainment’s most recent special edition dvd and blu-ray of The Nightmare Before Christmas, which also contains another pre-Pee Wee short film of Burton’s called Vincent.

Frankenweenie is scheduled to be released sometime in 2011.

Source: Collider via ComingSoon.net

I actually also thought it sounded kind of weird. Having seen the original Frankenweenie several times, I picture some weird stuff when I picture it as stop motion animation...

Well, at least we can all rest knowing that Helena Bonham Carter will have more work.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
First Poster for Frankenweenie.
Walt Disney Pictures has released the first poster for Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie opening on October 5th. Hopefully, this means a trailer is soon to follow.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He hasn't taken your previous advice. How long have you been a financial consultant to a multi-millionaire? I'll admit that I have to restart my computer to HEAR the trailer, but it LOOKS like what I'd expect Frankenweenie to look like.

I adore any stop motion Burton is involved with and that looks like a fabulous full length version of the short, can't wait. Burton doing what he does best.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
hm, doesn't look too bad but we'll see.

though why is the dog all stitched together? did they chop him up in pieces before they buried him? that's dark, man.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You haven't seen the original Frankenweenie? It's on the DVD of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Anyway, the dog is stitched up for the same reason the Monster is stitched up in Frankenstein.

This is funny because it echoes my first post in this thread.

A very nice poster for the film featuring Tim Burton's original artwork. If you are one who is going to see a midnight screening of this at an IMAX cinema you will apparently get one of these posters free.

I think this movie will be so awesome!

Of course, but I've seen Frankenweenie too.
How?? It's not released yet still you have seen? Great yea..

I wish 3D would die. Looks like my cinema is yet again only getting a 3D version of a film in. Frankenweenie in 3D only, same with the last 3D film Dredd.