Your Favorite movies made the year you where Born

Tools    

I don't think my two favorite movies from '87 have been mentioned. They are No Way Out and Stakeout. Suspect and Spaceballs are pretty good, too.

the princess bride
throw mama
Full Metal Jacket
Robocop
Evil Dead 2

my favs from that year
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I was born in 1975, and my favorite films from that particular year, in no particular order are:

Jaws
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare
and
Bugs Bunny: Superstar (This is a funny as hell movie narrated by Orson Welles)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Throw Mama From the Train. There's my favorite '87 flick. That film was hillarious.

Raising Arizona, Full Metal Jacket and Withnail and I are some of my favorites from '87. I've yet to see The Princess Bride and Broadcast News.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Dr. Strangelove

Goldfinger

A Fistful of Dollars

Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte

The Pawnbroker

Woman in the Dunes

Onibaba

Diary of a Chambermaid

The World of Henry Orient

Boy I'm really dating myself ... 1963. I had to go surf around just to see what was released back then. Of all the ones I found from Wikipedia, here's what I remember seeing:

1. The Great Escape
2. Hud
3. From Russia with Love
4. The Birds
5. Pink Panther
6. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
7. Lillies of the Field
8. PT109

Can we try with real bullets now?
I haven't seen many movies that came out in the year I was born, 1989. In fact I've only seen three, but they were all good so they all made it onto the list

Glory
Batman
Dead Poets' Society

Definitly Goodfellas and can't think of any more off the top of my head

(1986) Aliens and Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The only movie from the year I was born that I've seen is Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe which is a really good one.

• Once Upon a Time in the West
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Rosemary's Baby
  • The Odd Couple
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

You forgot Yellow Submaraine, Slay. Or does that not count unless you have chemical assistance?

Some other greats of '68 include Bullitt, Night of the Living Dead, The Producers, The Subject Was Roses, The Planet of the Apes, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter and The Lion in Winter, plus some artsy-fartsy stuff like Stolen Kisses, The Bride Work Black, Faces, Even Dwarfs Started Small and If....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I was going to add a couple of the films you mentioned, but niether of them are favorites of mine. The four I mentioned fit nicely in my top 100 list. Plus, I just used IMDb for the year, so I may be missing something I truly dig.

Yeah, I love Yellow Submarine...but it's hardly a favorite. I like Night of the Living Dead, but the feeling is likewise. Planet of the Apes is cool, but it's never been too important to me. I thought about adding Bullitt too, but thought better of it.

The rest...I haven't seen, though I really do want to see Cassavetes' Faces, and to finally get the chance to see Brooke's The Producers. I may have seen that when I was young, but I can't remember for sure.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Good old 1973 brought us -

Serpico (Sidney Lumet)
Amarcord (Federico Fellini)
American Graffiti (George Lucas)
The Exorcist (William Friedkin)
Westworld (Michael Crichton)
Scenes From A Marriage (Ingmar Bergman)
Mean Streets (Martin Scorsese)
Badlands (Terence Malick)
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Sam Peckinpah)

Anyone who says that the 70s wasn't the best Movie decade? Pah!

So many good movies, so little time.
I might win this :

The Seven Samurai
Rear Window
On the Waterfront
The Caine Mutiny
Destry Rides Again

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

I am having a nervous breakdance

Other good ones from 1975:
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • Dog Day Afternoon
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • Jaws

Unfortunately I haven't seen Altman's Nashville if you wonder why it's not mentioned.

Overall, wouldn't you agree that 1975 is a bit of a middle year in the otherwise so golden decade? I had to think for a while and finally use the help of IMDb.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Alien

Life of Brian

Apocalypse Now

And best till last:

Moonraker