Rauldc's Journey through the consoles: Best Video Games

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's not one that originally was going to be on this list, but I've had a heightened interest in comics lately and it drew me back to this game. I'd love to play it now that I would officially know most if not all characters.

21. Jet Moto

THE best racing game of all time is Jet Moto. This game has ten great tracks to run on and there is nothing more full than running a full season campaign in this game. There are four different themes of tracks, and each of them has their own suicide course (my favorite being the Hammerhead course. There are also four sponsored teams in this game (axiom, k2 sports, Mountain Dew and butterfinger). And although he isn't rated the best in the game, I have always used The Technician and I became insanely dominant with using him as well. The tracks were well thought out and some were harder than others. To me, it was the swamp courses that gave me the biggest fits. Among some of the other features in the races were the ability to grapple and take very sharp turns if needed. There were also four turbo boosts that were available for each lap within the race. I know someone had already commented on this game in this thread, so here it is. This would certainly be top ten for me had this list actually been in a ranked order. Many late night specials with this game.

Let the night air cool you off
I can't remember if I ever played this game or not. It seems vaguely familiar.

I do remember playing this racing game though:

It doesn't have anything to do with Jet Moto, but I was reminded of it for some reason.

22. Pokemon- Yellow Version

I decided to post this one after Gunslinger posted his as his number one video game. This is one of the games that amassed the most hours for me too. I actually played it for a bit tonight until my Gameboy powered out on me. I think i may play it on my way to Iowa when I go there in 3 weeks. It's a fun game and while Pokemon itself seems like a laughable thing nowadays, the game was quite a good time.

I just came from commenting on Gunslinger's list and totally forgot to comment on the Pokemon games. Like every kid back then, I was also caught up in the Pokemon craze. Yellow was the first Pokemon game I owned and I spent many, many, many hours playing it. Great choice, rauldc.

*Transforms into a Zubat*

*waits for Captain Spaulding to come and play with me,*

*Let Captain Spaulding play with me for a few hours*

*Get bored*

*Suck all the blood from Captain Spaulding's body*

*Transfer gasoline into Captain Spaulding's body to replace the blood*

*Shoot Captain Spaulding*

*Captain Spaulding anticlimactically doesn't explode. Hollywood is a lie*

*Captain Spaulding is still dead*

Sorry, Captain. I need your blood to sustain my own life.

23. Little League Baseball

A fun game that I used to play with my friend back in the day. Being the geek I am, we established a schedule and kept stats on paper and played out a season. My main team was Canada, as they had some heavy hitters, such as Peter and Fred. There were some other good teams too, such as Hawaii and Mexico. It was really fun when you could connect on some big long balls.

I've always enjoyed baseball games, which is weird because I hate actual baseball. I've never played that one though. I did play Baseball Stars on the NES though.

24. RC Pro-Am

Really fun racing game. The boosts were fun. The puddles were a pain, and it was very addicting collecting letters in order to get your vehicle upgraded. It got tough as time went on though, but overall much fun.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I used to play a dirt track racing game in the arcade, but I don't remember the name of it. All I remember is that the track looked like a figure 8, two people could play, and compete, at the same time, and the controls were actual steering wheels, not joysticks.

I was pretty bad at it, but I enjoyed playing it.

GB, I vividly remember that game as well. Unfortunately like you, I can't remember the name of it. And if I could, it would probably make this list.

GB, I vividly remember that game as well. Unfortunately like you, I can't remember the name of it. And if I could, it would probably make this list.

I think it may have been "Off-Road Racing", or something like that.

Ivan "Ironman" Stewart Super Off-road Racing

The shape of the track is different than I remember it, but that looks like it could be it. I'm probably remembering level one because I rarely got past that point in the game.

I had a RC racing game like that which I used to play a lot. And I played the hell out of Ivan "Ironman" Stewart Super Off-road Racing.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Super Sprint was a good one that mirrors Off Road. Back when the home ports of the arcade games really stunk, the premise of Off Road was simple enough that it worked in 8 bits. Smash TV was another that conveyed that arcade game better than most.

25. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

This was the best of the Sonic series, and my favorite game on the original sega console. Overall they made the levels really fun and it was quite a joy to try to collect back all those coins after being struck by an enemy.

I used to play the original Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis. I loved it. I'm not a big gamer, but Sonic is one of the few games that I wish I could find a good version of to play it on my computer.