LEAD ACTOR
Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood

LEAD ACTRESS
Julie Christie, Away from Her

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Ruby Dee, American Gangster

They've only been handing out competitive SAG Awards since 1995, and while the Screen Actors Guild represents the largest block of Academy voters their awards have not mirrored the Oscars with any great certainty (though they've been getting more accurate of late)...especially in that their "ensemble" award doesn't automatically correspond to Oscar's Best Picture. Of the past seven years, four of the ensembles have not matched Oscar's Best Picture (Traffic, Gosford Park, Sideways, Little Miss Sunshine).

In the solo acting categories, last year three of the four matched up, but the one that didn't, Best Supporting Actor, didn't even have Academy winner Alan Arkin as a nominee. The year before was another three out of four, and the year before that was four for four. But back in 2003 for example they only had one of the four correspond. We'll know in a few weeks how this crop did.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Nice, thanks Sir Pike!

i'm thinkin this best ensemble cast will match with this years best picture
as well as the best lead actor

(i hope)

BANNED
Good for Daniel Day-Lewis, as we all know how good actor he was...

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Ruby Dee, American Gangster
Isn't it interesting that Ruby Dee, who has been in films for so long and won so many other awards, was this year nominated by SAG and by the Academy for the first time ever by either organization. Her husband Ossie Davis, one of the best actors ever by any creed or color, died last year without ever getting a nomination, for which both groups should be ashamed. Looks like Hollywood is using this possible last chance to do right by Ruby.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Thank you,mr. pike for the rundown of winners! i am so glad that julie christie and ruby dee won. especially ruby dee, it just saddens me to know that ossie was not here to see her cross the podium to get her long overdue award.