1980s?

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i know alot people hate the 80s movies but for those who don't, what movie would you like to see remade and be just as successful as before. my choice would be the breakfast club.... so let the flamming begin

so let the flamming begin

What is flamming and what does it do?

I want to see Troll remade into an instant classic.

Flash Gordon would be my obvious choice, but only if most of the originals were there.

BANNED
I think its beetlejuice by Kevin Corner because i like comedy horror.

I wann see a remake of the movie "The Empire Strikes Back'"...
This movie was a top grosser back then...

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
why remake that? that movie is perfect as it stands today!! as for the die hard, they already had 4.. and ''v'' wow i hadnt even thought of that!! just think with all the cgi technology today, it could be scary as hell. just dont get rid of the styling sunglasses or the jackets..look at kanye west!

Lets put a smile on that block
This movie was a top grosser back then...
Really? I've never heard of it...

I think, to qualify for a remake, a film ought to have something about the time in which it was made that now qualifies as a significant shortcoming. For example, the original King Kong may have been fabulous and all, but it involves a great many special effects, and there have been tremendous strides in that area over the last couple decades. So, it was a good candidate to be remade.

Most of the best candidates, I expect, would be effects-laden films of old. At first, it seems like political thrillers examining issues that are no longer issues would qualify, but any good political thriller has its politics woven into the story, to the point where a remake with a different issue would be a remake in name only.

I wouldn't want to see The Breakfast Club remade. Some movies aren't supposed to be timeless, but rather, show us what it was like at a certain time, which means that remaking them for a new generation would defeat the entire point.

all arnie's film were bad ass way back then!!! they should atleast make decent remakes LOL

i know alot people hate the 80s movies but for those who don't, what movie would you like to see remade and be just as successful as before. my choice would be the breakfast club.... so let the flamming begin
I'd like someone to remake A Chorus Line (1985) but this time stick to the original story and songs of the Broadway play and eliminate the made-for-dumb-movie-audiences character played by Michael Douglas. In the play, the diminished Douglas character is not seen--he's just a voice from the audience where the director usually sits during auditions (to make it work better on film, you can put him in the light control room in the top back of the theater where he's talking by speaker to the artists on stage and directing the lighting, but he remains an unseen voice making Godlike decisions about the singers and dancers cavorting below). Director Richard Attenborough was a great character actor, but he hadn't the head or the hand for directing this musical. In the remake, dancers should be able to dance, singers should be able to sing. And all of the characters should be able to act. And no forced Hollywood happy endings.

I'd also like to see someone remake Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, but not as a musical. If they did a film about what really happened, it was much funnier than the musical play the film was taken from. But if you must make it into a musical, this time do it with singers and dancers, not Burt Reynolds and Dom de Luise (whatever).

I'd like to see a remake of Mississippi Burning based on the hard truth instead of the FBI's wet-dream fantasy.

I'd like a makeover of Glory, only from the black soldiers' point of view this time instead of the white officers.

I'd like to see Full Metal Jacket done by anyone but Stanley Kubrick; I suspect there's a good story in there somewhere.

Eddie and the Crusiers probably would be more interesting if remade by someone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with music, especially the early Rockabilly sound.

And some 20 years later I think it's time for a remake of Farris Bueller's Day Off, but this time from the viewpoint of the former teens of 20 years ago who have since grown up to be the teachers and parents so abused and dismissed by the original film. Sort of a Farris Bueller's Mom and Dad Spoil His Day Off and the Principal Puts Him in Detention.

Yeah, do a Full Metal Jacket analysis. I want to see what problems could you possibly have with the story and the director.

all arnie's film were bad ass way back then!!! they should atleast make decent remakes LOL
No they wouldn't, there's only one Arnie. Thankfully. Some will say I'm sure. But even with that aside, please for the love of all that's holy, no Arnie re-makes. I'm begging ya.

Beware The Probe!
I think, to qualify for a remake, a film ought to have something about the time in which it was made that now qualifies as a significant shortcoming.

Most of the best candidates, I expect, would be effects-laden films of old.

Some movies aren't supposed to be timeless, but rather, show us what it was like at a certain time, which means that remaking them for a new generation would defeat the entire point.
I completely agree.

(remaking Empire Strikes back in my life-time better mean I get to project it into my actual mind to live it otherwise DON'T TOUCH IT! It was PERFECT for it's time...err...for it's timeS!)

Bringing me to my next point...

Eddie and the Crusiers probably would be more interesting if remade by someone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with music, especially the early Rockabilly sound.
Oh no, you didn't!!!!!!!!
You didn't just diss Eddie & the Cruisers... one of the best rock & roll movies ever made...
You really really didn't ...
I know this cause your probing by mechanoids sent by my people would be severe indeed.

I think, to qualify for a remake, a film ought to have something about the time in which it was made that now qualifies as a significant shortcoming. For example, the original King Kong may have been fabulous and all, but it involves a great many special effects, and there have been tremendous strides in that area over the last couple decades. So, it was a good candidate to be remade.
And yet I'd bet that if you say King Kong to a real movie fan, his or her immediate thought would be of the original. It certainly is that way with me. I can't recall a single scene from the first remake and I've never had any interest in seeing the second, although it probably is packed to the gills with high tech effects. I still like the image of the original Kong climbing the Empire State building with the nap of his fur constantly changing directions like a bad-hair day.

Oh no, you didn't!!!!!!!!
You didn't just diss Eddie & the Cruisers... one of the best rock & roll movies ever made...
You really really didn't ...
I know this cause your probing by mechanoids sent by my people would be severe indeed.
Sorry, all I remember thinking at the time I saw that film was, "Music like this would never make it to the top of the hit parade, much less become a classic. If this is the best Eddie could do, no wonder he drove off the bridge." Sure 'nuff, 20 years later, I can't recall a single note or frame from that flick. To me, it was unbelieveable at the time and unrememberable later. Those ol' rock-n-roll films of the 1950s starring Alan Freed and made for the second bill at a drive-in double-feature had plots that were nearly as good and music by Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran and others that was a whole better