Spider-Man 3 Breaks Records.

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
For those who for some reason did NOT see this coming. Spider-man 3 broke records, Biggest Opening and Weekend

Domestic: $148,000,000
Foreign: $227,000,000

Worldwide: $375,000,000

I do not think that Pirate or Shrek will beat this.

Suspect's Reviews

There are those who call me...Tim.
Domestic I agree, Pirates will have a very hard time getting close to that (Shrek 3 is widely believed to be totally out of the question), but Pirates has a chance at beating the overseas record.

Whether it will do well enough to take the Worldwide opening record though is anyone's guess.

Spider-Man 3 Second weekend

US: $58,166,256

Drop of 61.5%...

It's hardly surprising a huge opener would fall big in it's second weekend, but it's poor weekday numbers suggested that some people were likely waiting for the weekend to see it again.

Clearly not as many people as we hoped.

It's especially embarrassing seeing as it couldn't make in 3 days what it made on it's opening day ($59,841,919).

Not too big a surprise, given that it opened in every theatre on earth, lol.
... and adding to the fact that many of the fans found it disappointing.

Unlike Spiderman 3 Pirates 3 is a Disney movie so that means children with parents which makes a lot of tickets maybe it wont beat the opening weekend of Spiderman but surely will line next to Pirates 2 in the box office of all time worldwide,or even leave it behind

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
I want my portion of that $400 million back

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
Shame Spiderman 3 was abysmal.

I was cringing the whole way through.

Sandman killed Ben?!
Emo spidey?!
2hr 20min of drawn out storyline?!

Awful film. Please say there isn't going to be a Spiderman 4

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Just goes to show any old rubbish can break box office records if it is the sequel to something which kids have on their lunchbox.

With such huge pressure from

1 The Fans (movie and comic)

2 The Big Money (put this in so single mothers see it and take this out so it appeals to as broad an audience as possible)

3 His own artistic integrity to make a movie he'd like to see(enter Sandman)

It's a wonder Sam Raimi made the movie at all!

By the way, I freakin' LOVED IT!
Dark Peter equal parts hilarious and intense exactly the qualities I want my Spider-Man to exhibit.
Please say there's gonna be a Spider-Man 4

BANNED
For those who for some reason did NOT see this coming. Spider-man 3 broke records, Biggest Opening and Weekend

Domestic: $148,000,000
Foreign: $227,000,000

Worldwide: $375,000,000

I do not think that Pirate or Shrek will beat this.
I think it could possible to break.. and the upcoming iron man movie will definitely break that...

There are good movies coming up.. and it will not be long until Spiderman has done it course.. "Iron Man" is an interesting movie to watch...

It'll be interesting to watch, but there's almost no chance of it even topping $100 million domestically in its opening weekend, let alone the record of $148 million. It's too soon to say whether it'll open to something like $50 million, or something like $80 million, but I'll be very surprised if it opens outside of that range.

$151 million is an ungodly amount of money that most films only dream of making in their entire run, nevermind in their opening weekend. I imagine it's going to be at least a few years before that record is broken.

But then again, I thought the same thing with Dead Man's Chest's opening record last year...

Ooh yeah, a little fun fact for you guys: did you know that in 2005, Revenge of the Sith actually broke the 3 day opening record with $124 million dollars in it's first 3 days (beating Spider-Man's opening weekend figure by a cool $10 million).

However, because it was released on a Thursday it's first 3 days didn't count as the opening weekend, and so the Opening Weekend total (Firday, Saturday & Sunday) was lower, with $108 million. Still good enough for second place (at the time) for opening weekends, though.

yeah Yoda has a great assessment about Spiderman's fanbase.. Let's just wait and see if "Iron Man" will be close enough to its earnings..

There are good movies coming up.. and it will not be long until Spiderman has done it course.. "Iron Man" is an interesting movie to watch...
Yes I agree with that there are still up coming movies, though I must say that Spiderman had that huge amount of money invested. Iron Man? the movie sounds interesting.. can't wait to see it.

Spiderman 3 was two hours of chick flick (BAD chick flick at that) and thirty minutes of action.

::cringes::