MovieMeditation's Cinema Reviews

→ in
Tools    

That's the longest movie review on this site I think. It's actually longer than some scientific papers people spend years working on. Also I think it's about as long as the past 20 reviews of animations combined I wrote in the animation thread. I don't even know how someone can write so much about a movie.
I'll take that as a compliment I guess. I like the franchise, I liked the film and it had flaws to talk about. That's all I need.

tl;dr

But plus rep for the length of this review alone.
Read it. I dare you, I double dare you.

Guess I'll take that as a compliment as well. Or perhaps it's more like "wow, what a douche, this dude has no life."

Reviews like these make me want to scream that MM deserves more rep. This should be getting over 10 by now.

Extraordinary review there Meds, I'm interesting in seeing that film, seeing as it's getting unexpectedly good reviews throughout by critics, and your description of it, despite the final rating, has my interest.
I have a feeling this will be great with a rewatch, especially since I know the potential weak points by now and can focus on the good parts more. We'll see...

Thanks for the kind words, Gats, I really appreciate every little bit of it.

To anybody who reads all that, they deserve a god damn medal and more rep and appreciation than I even deserve for writing it lol

Holy Moly! MM pulled out all the stops on that review! The animated banner and atomic blast, very cool...I liked how you quoted yourself, err...I mean your sister, very prestigious The Dark Red section labels were a nice contrast too and I bet you thought no one would notice!

Holy Moly! MM pulled out all the stops on that review! The animated banner and atomic blast, very cool...I liked how you quoted yourself, very prestigious The Dark Red section labels were a nice contrast too and I bet you thought no one would notice!
Damn, Citizen, finally someone who appreciate every little thing in my reviews! That's x100 reps for you!

edit: nevermind, you found out it wasn't me in the quotes. Even more rep for you! really though I truly appreciate all the love, thank you CR!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Read it. I dare you, I double dare you.
If I wanted to read, I'd read a book.*

* Dat reference, tho
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Your actual sister thoughts, I didn't catch that at first but even better! I do like the added weight of a second opinion, great review. And NO way am I trying to top that one

See that's why I nominated you: MovieMeditation as one of my five MoFo 2015 Best Movie Reviewers.

If I wanted to read stuff this long I would be posting at a book forum not in a movie forum.
Well I had to try it just one time. As I said earlier, the review already became much longer than it was supposed to, and then I had a few things I still hadn't talked about, so I just went for it you know... But this won't be an everyday standard length, that's for sure!

Your actual sister thoughts, I didn't catch that at first but even better! I do like the added weight of a second opinion, great review. And NO way am I trying to top that one

See that's why I nominated you: MovieMeditation as one of my five MoFo 2015 Best Movie Reviewers.
Thank you once again, CR, you are too kind!

You said that the franchise has been going on for nearly 10 years, even thought the first was released 19 years ago. Boo. 0 star review. In half seriousness, it's nice to get my daily reminder that no matter what you do, you should give up because somebody else is infinitely better at it. What an ambitious way of saying that Mission Impossible 5 is fun but not great cinema, that thing that only everyone has already said in a sentence. I'll consider the bar of reviewing raised and hope that I can kind of sort of clear it if you squint sideways at me.

You said that the franchise has been going on for nearly 10 years, even thought the first was released 19 years ago. Boo. 0 star review. In half seriousness, it's nice to get my daily reminder that no matter what you do, you should give up because somebody else is infinitely better at it. What an ambitious way of saying that Mission Impossible 5 is fun but not great cinema, that thing that only everyone has already said in a sentence. I'll consider the bar of reviewing raised and hope that I can kind of sort of clear it if you squint sideways at me.
Aw damn, stupid mistake. I fixed it now.

As for the other things in your post here, it's way to complex for me to read and understand fully at 3 AM at night. I guess you sort of like what you see but sort of don't. Anyways, I appreciate you took your time to check in here, whether it is with positive or negative feedback. Everything is welcome.

Okay guys, honestly, how many read the entire review? Seriously how many?

Guys? Hey, guys?

Anyone?

No?

Sure?

Last chance. Still none? Okay then, I'll crawl back in my corner and write more novels... uh I mean reviews...

I read it really really really really fast! My brain only processed like 4 sentences.

Seriously though, excellent work on the review! You should submit to an actual review place, they'd be stupid not to pay you for it!

I am writing reviews for a danish site, which is where these Cinema Reviews more or less come from, but I don't get paid and I'm an idiot for it, I know. But I love movies so much I'll gladly watch new ones before anyone else and for free. But I wish I found a place where I could get paid. It could even be an online site from another country perhaps.

But yeah, I am searching for a way of widening my talents and finding a job that fits me - whether one way or another and that's also why I have been on/off with my activity here.

Aw damn, stupid mistake. I fixed it now.

As for the other things in your post here, it's way to complex for me to read and understand fully at 3 AM at night. I guess you sort of like what you see but sort of don't. Anyways, I appreciate you took your time to check in here, whether it is with positive or negative feedback. Everything is welcome.
It's just snark. You made something really long and ended up with the general consensus that most people already had. You wrote it really well (the 4,000 words I read because I honestly don't know or care about soundscapes of movies), way better than anything I've ever done, so now I have something to strive for.

Guys? Hey, guys?

Anyone?

No?

Sure?

Last chance. Still none? Okay then, I'll crawl back in my corner and write more novels... uh I mean reviews...
I read it, the entire review. You're a skilled writer so don't feel bad if not many read it... not many read my reviews either.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Guys? Hey, guys?

Anyone?

No?

Sure?

I haven't seen the movie yet, and I doubt a review that long is spoiler-free.

I'll come back and read it after I see the movie, but that could be a while because I haven't seen any of the previous MI movies yet.

It's just snark. You made something really long and ended up with the general consensus that most people already had. You wrote it really well (the 4,000 words I read because I honestly don't know or care about soundscapes of movies), way better than anything I've ever done, so now I have something to strive for.
Once again I must say that your off-putting tone in many of your replies is very weird, like I really can't figure out if you are overly sarcastic or implicitly rude...

And that's about the second or third time I see you comment on one of my reviews saying that I basically ended up saying what had already been said or which could have been said in a sentence or two. But here is my question to you - isn't that basically every review ever written? Even your own reviews I could go and read and be like "well, that opinion I already heard somewhere else. Now I just wasted my time... Why did this review even get written." Obviously you write reviews because you want to get into details about the pros and cons of a film. Point out the stuff you liked and disliked... Or else you would just do exactly what you are saying here - write one sentence and it would all be the same. Only it's not. If it was, you would do it. But you don't.

I don't see what the hell you mean by all this, like I said last time, every review in the world, whether long or short, could be cooked down to one sentence... But would you get the details or the specifics? Would you get the examples? No you wouldn't, and that's why you read reviews and that's why I write reviews. Just look at the rating if you don't care for why someone came to that conclusion. I obviously love writing and such, but in my review I talked in detail about how the ending messed up, how and why the villain was bad, how the action and overall film was executed etc. That's why you read reviews, to get a detailed idea of how a movie was from a mostly subjective but slightly objective point of view. You read them not just to find out if it is good or bad, but to find out why it is good or bad. But for you pleasure, I have a short summary at the end of my reviews, which is mostly made for people like you who don't seem to appreciate what a real review is, or have the patience to read one, but instead just want the impatient version "so, was it good or bad?"... That's such an arrogant way of wanting something from someone who obviously don't fit that criteria. Do you also watch movies only for the pay-off? Do you just watch movies to only find out what the moral of the story is? I hope you don't. I hope you watch movies because of wanting to experience everything from beginning to end. I don't see why one art form is different from the other. I express myself through reviews, a director expresses himself through movies.

You must understand that it pisses me off slightly when I'm passionate about reviewing and writing and expressing myself through text, so when someone comes in and seems to totally miss the point of every review ever written, I get confused and puzzled about it all... Now, these reviews are taken from a danish site I review on, where I can't go into specifics and spoil the movie, but that doesn't keep me from talking about the movie in detail and refer to points which people would understand if they had seen it... That said, I do write spoiler-reviews from time to time, like in my diary thread, but although I may go into greater more clear specifics, I won't go all "analyze-mode" because that's not what I do. I do reviews, not analyzes. If you are looking for something else than what I do, I would recommend threads like the ones by gbgoodies. She does some great short and direct reviews. In here, I do long reviews. In my diary thread, I do small to medium length reviews... The question is if you would appreciate any of it, since it seems like you don't even want to know what other people think unless they have some kind of completely new angle on a movie. But if you really cared about other people's reviews, you wouldn't care about what they end up saying by the end of it is good or bad, negative or positive, new or old... As long as they have an opinion and wants to share it, that's already a good review right there.

one sentence summary for impatient people: ursaguy is weird.

That's it.