Name of old spy movie with cool car?

Tools    

For years I've been trying to find the name of an old spy movie that I saw when I was a kid. I watched it some time prior to 1979 and it was probably not made any earlier than 1950. Key features of the movie are:
  • female spy (i don't remember but she may be the lead character)
  • she had a chauffeur driven car with a lot of cool features
  • one feature was electronically controlled clothing cabinets - her own personal closet for quick changes on the run
  • there was a car chase scene (this car was being chased) that was on a windy road on a hill or mountain (possibly in Europe some where)
  • during that scene the car pulled over and the chauffeur pushed some button that cause the tires to be raised several feet off the ground on stilts and a large billboard came out from under the car and spread-out to hide the car...i believe the billboard was an advertisement for drinking milk
  • i think the end of the movie showed a rocket going off...
if anyone knows this movie PLEASE let me know...it's been driving me crazy for years!

That looks awesome and it has Terrence Stamp in it. Admit one please.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I watched most of that recently so I didn't say that. If it's correct, I'll be the first to say "Congrats!"

If anything, it sounds a lot like You Only Live Twice, but I don't think it's that either.

Modesty Blaise is a cool campy movie...but no, that's not the one. I've watched all the Bond movies too, and the Flint movies (Our Man Flint, In Like Flint) and none of those are "the one". Any other possible fits?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Modesty Blaise is a cool campy movie...but no, that's not the one. I've watched all the Bond movies too, and the Flint movies (Our Man Flint, In Like Flint) and none of those are "the one". Any other possible fits?
How about the Matt Helm films?

Ah! Hopefully it is one of the early Matt Helm films...I know I saw The Ambushers several years ago and thought it was definitely a candidate but sadly it wasn't "the one". I just place three of the early ones (pre 1970) in my Netflix queue.
I'll be doing cartwheels if one of them is it!!
Thank you!

Ah! Hopefully it is one of the early Matt Helm films...I know I saw The Ambushers several years ago and thought it was definitely a candidate but sadly it wasn't "the one". I just place three of the early ones (pre 1970) in my Netflix queue.
I'll be doing cartwheels if one of them is it!!
Thank you!
It may also be The Liquidator

I just checked Netflix to see if they had any of the movies by the author of The Liquidator and unfortunately they don't. I think I'll do some digging online to see if there are any additional plot descriptions for his movies beyond the brief description that imdb has....
Loner, you certainly are a wealth of information on movies!! Thank you!

I just checked Netflix to see if they had any of the movies by the author of The Liquidator and unfortunately they don't. I think I'll do some digging online to see if there are any additional plot descriptions for his movies beyond the brief description that imdb has....
Loner, you certainly are a wealth of information on movies!! Thank you!
Hey thanks!

If none of our answers are correct, could you describe what the female spy looked like?

It was sooo long ago....I probably only remember that the character was female because of the cool car-closet!

Hey, since you're so well versed with movies maybe you can help identify another movie that i've been trying to get the title for....

I'm pretty sure it was made in the seventies and was probably of the thriller genre. The plot is that there's a married couple with a young child - he's a diplomat and they're living in a foreign country (pretty sure it's in Europe somewhere due to the architecture). The mother has a nanny or governess for the child and she has started to make some friends in this new country....however, unbeknownst to her all of these people around her are in a masterminded plot to try to make her think she's going crazy (i'll get into a few details on that in a minute) so it will buy enough time for them to kidnap the kid so they can use it as leverage to get the diplomat father to do what they want (i don't recall what it was that they wanted - i was so focused on how clever they were in manipulating things so she'd think she was crazy). Anyway, one of the things that occured is the woman comes home from a shopping trip and is all excited about some new dress she purchased and she's showing it to her friend. Her friend gives her a weird and confused look and tells her that she already owns that very same dress and she purchased it just a few days earlier. The woman vehimently denies it (i think the friend even said she had bought it when the two had gone shopping together) and argues with the friend. Then she, or her friend, goes to the ladies closet and there it is - the same dress! The nanny or governess or maybe even housekeeper backs up what the friend said. The process of making the diplomat's wife think she's going crazy involves numerous people and occurs over a long period. For some reason i've always thought the diplomat's wife was played by Faye Dunaway but I couldn't find any movie that she was in that sounded like that - maybe i thought it was her because the paranoia theme of everyone surrounding you is out to get you was also a theme in Three Days of the Condor.
Does this description ring any bells for you?

It was sooo long ago....I probably only remember that the character was female because of the cool car-closet!

Hey, since you're so well versed with movies maybe you can help identify another movie that i've been trying to get the title for....

I'm pretty sure it was made in the seventies and was probably of the thriller genre. The plot is that there's a married couple with a young child - he's a diplomat and they're living in a foreign country (pretty sure it's in Europe somewhere due to the architecture). The mother has a nanny or governess for the child and she has started to make some friends in this new country....however, unbeknownst to her all of these people around her are in a masterminded plot to try to make her think she's going crazy (i'll get into a few details on that in a minute) so it will buy enough time for them to kidnap the kid so they can use it as leverage to get the diplomat father to do what they want (i don't recall what it was that they wanted - i was so focused on how clever they were in manipulating things so she'd think she was crazy). Anyway, one of the things that occured is the woman comes home from a shopping trip and is all excited about some new dress she purchased and she's showing it to her friend. Her friend gives her a weird and confused look and tells her that she already owns that very same dress and she purchased it just a few days earlier. The woman vehimently denies it (i think the friend even said she had bought it when the two had gone shopping together) and argues with the friend. Then she, or her friend, goes to the ladies closet and there it is - the same dress! The nanny or governess or maybe even housekeeper backs up what the friend said. The process of making the diplomat's wife think she's going crazy involves numerous people and occurs over a long period. For some reason i've always thought the diplomat's wife was played by Faye Dunaway but I couldn't find any movie that she was in that sounded like that - maybe i thought it was her because the paranoia theme of everyone surrounding you is out to get you was also a theme in Three Days of the Condor.
Does this description ring any bells for you?

It is Faye Dunaway, in René Clément's The Deadly Trap - La Maison sous les Arbres (1971).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by mark f
I saw that so long ago that I can't remember a damn thing about it, but I think that gives you an idea of what I think of it. Good call, Holds. Do you own that one?
Nope. I don't think much of it either, but I remember tracking it down when I was in love with Faye Dunaway.

A system of cells interlinked
That guy with Faye looks a bit like Cillian Murphy from the side. He didn't appear on the planet until '76 though.

I've got CHILLS!! you guys are amazing!!

Unfortunately Netflix doesn't have this movie but Ebay does! IMDB has a pretty poor review for it but I don't care...I'm desperate to see it again now that I'm old enough to understand what's going on!

Thank YOU!!

And regarding the closet fetish....yeah, i guess you're right - you should see the one i have! oooooh baybee!

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Holden, 1 thumbs up for awesome yummy Faye!

It is Faye Dunaway, in René Clément's The Deadly Trap - La Maison sous les Arbres (1971).