Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
They're adults like me. In fact, they're older. Mom had all of them during her previous marriage.
Well, what can you do, but exploit it at Halloween.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
That's my favorite Paul Newman movie.
For me, I think, It's got to be The Hustler. But there's so many great flicks with him.

Jurassic World
+++ This had must have been one helluva adrenaline ride in the theaters!

The Wolf Man (1941)

That was neat. Now, I can take it off my list. I love how short some of these old movies are. My Halloween fun continues...

The Conjuring 2 (2016)

-

Pretty much a different version of the first movie, which I also thought was very good. There's nothing new here, but everything is well done; the acting, production, soundtrack, sound effects, etc. There's plenty of jump scares and creepiness, although I do think 2 hours and 10 minutes is a little long for a movie that lacks originality.

Welcome to the human race...
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back -

And the winner of the 2016 "Most Unfortunately Titled Film" Award is...

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
I've seen this movies yesterday at a halloween movie marathon.From 11:45 pm to about 6 am.

Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016) 6/10

Don't Breathe (2016) 7/10

Lights Out (2016) 6/10

The Conjuring 2 (2016) 8/10

Clouds of Sils Maria (2014)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Junior Bonner - 5.5/10

Could have been real good.. The bullfighting should have been a backdrop - not the main show. It was even extra filler taking so much time to show guys falling off bulls who were never seen before and after again.

For my money, the only really great movie that Lopez ever made was Selena.
Out of Sight was pretty good i thought. Agreed though, the rest i've seen have been terrible: Enough, Maid In Manhattan, Monster In Law, etc.

Molokai (1999)

It was worth a watch. A story of self-sacrifice and politics. Acting was good. Throughout the whole movie, they just keep introducing more recognizable faces, so, the cast is stacked. The religious aspects weren't pushed into focus often. The film is very serious, but, the priest still manages to make a few priest appropriate jokes and a few smart-ass comments, when dealing with career politicians, both from church and government.

From one island to another, I plan on watching Island of Lost Souls (1932), next.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

Insidious: Chapter Three was a decent film. An improvement over Insidious: Chapter Two by a hefty margin, the film is still quite flawed. The film itself is hokier than it should be, with Elise Rainier coming off a little too much like a "bad ass" in some intervals, the approach they took with her really weakens the concept of The Further and borders on the ridiculous, with her throwing a ghost across the room and saying, "Come on, bitch!" during one altercation. The film also lacked any real scares, the initial film had a much creepier and chilling vibe to it, but this film doesn't really have that.
The characters are likable enough, with solid-acting and a simple premise executed well. I liked the connections made to the original film, even if they were a tad heavy-handed. The imagery, however, is lacking and we're left with many jump-scares I could have done without. Add that in with the simple hokey feel paranormal investigators seem to have and how tired I am of seeing seances, and the film itself doesn't really make much of an impact. I'd call it a supernatural horror flick with engaging cast and characters, but doesn't really capture the creepy tone of the original. I'm also sick of Blumhouse ending their films with jump-scares.

Molokai (1999)

It was worth a watch. A story of self-sacrifice and politics. Acting was good. Throughout the whole movie, they just keep introducing more recognizable faces, so, the cast is stacked. The religious aspects weren't pushed into focus often. The film is very serious, but, the priest still manages to make a few priest appropriate jokes and a few smart-ass comments, when dealing with career politicians, both from church and government.

From one island to another, I plan on watching Island of Lost Souls (1932), next.
I've been wanting to see Molokai The Dtory of Father Damien for a long time.

Island of Lost Souls, I need to rewatch that one again.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sounder - 8/10

Like the caption reads - a very moving movie, my type of movie. The children were the greatest acting bunch I ever saw, especially the main character.