Films to show your children

Tools    

I saw this one when I was visiting my brother and my nieces. I could not believe that this movie was for kids. It had a lot of social angst that I thought would be too much for children. The message was good, but I would recommend you watch it alone first. You might give the tykes nightmares otherwise.

* I don't have children myself so I am afraid to suggest at what age it is appropriate to watch.

Account terminated on request
Pooh's Heffalump Movie. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407121/

(Note, not the sequels).

A tremendous film, filled with deep meaning and excellent music. Really not done the way the others are, which are very conveyor-belt in nature.

Many lessons in this, and very important ways of looking at things and learning how to not prejudge those that are merely different from us.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Haha jk, DON'T watch with your kids. My top recommendation is anything Pixar, really you can't go wrong. Toy Story, Wall-E, Finding Nemo, Up, Ratatouille, Inside Out, I can go on and on. They're funny, entertaining, teach good lessons, MUCH better than the Disney Renaissance a lot of parents show to their kids. I'd also recommend Miyazaki's filmography, minus perhaps Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke.

My daughter likes this and she absolutely loves Isle of Dogs. We've seen it together 3 or 4 times and she's watched it a few more times on her own. She's six years old.

Start with Disney. Then Pixar and then throw in some real world stuff. Honey I shrunk the kids, born free, home alone 1 and 2 etc etc.

I saw this one when I was visiting my brother and my nieces. I could not believe that this movie was for kids. It had a lot of social angst that I thought would be too much for children. The message was good, but I would recommend you watch it alone first. You might give the tykes nightmares otherwise.

* I don't have children myself so I am afraid to suggest at what age it is appropriate to watch.
This is surely 15+, even then it would be hard to comprehend all of the stuff depicted.

This is surely 15+, even then it would be hard to comprehend all of the stuff depicted.

yes, The only reason I suggested it was my nieces were much younger than that when they watched it. I think they enjoyed it, but the parents were the only ones that really got it. I mean when used cars are going down the conveyor belt toward the compactor and their singing about being useless, I imagine the kiddies would need to go into therapy if they were too much aware of what is going on.

Fly Away Home (1996, Carroll Ballard)

Black Beauty (1979, Carroll Ballard)

Never Cry Wolf (1983, Carroll Ballard)

The Journey of Natty Gann (1985, Jeremy Kagan)

The Princess Bride (1987, Rob Reiner)

Enchanted (2007, Kevin Lima)

The Last Starfighter (1984, Nick Castle)

My Bodyguard (1980, Tony Bill)

Bfreaking Away (1979, Peter Yates)

That Thing You Do! (1996, Tom Hanks)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Some good mentions above!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My kid keeps wanting to watch anything Spider-Man related or Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween.

Suspect's Reviews