MovieForums 2018: The Tournament

Tools    

@Captain Steel vs. @Gideon58
I read his reviews every now and again.

@Guaporense vs. @Zotis
It's hard to pick between 2 edgy anime lovers.

@Nostromo87 vs. @Siddon
I like his no BS attitude

@cat_sidhe vs. @edarsenal
Love 'em both but i've done alot more fun stuff with Cat

@The Rodent vs. @matt72582
More interaction with Matt

@CiCi vs. @jiraffejustin
Almost no interaction with CiCi

@mark f vs. @John McClane
Probably no interaction with John

@Citizen Rules vs. @SmudgeEFC1985
Definitely no interaction with Smudge

The First Round Continues

Captain Steel vs. Gideon58
Tough choice, I like both but I've had more interaction with Captain Steel.

Guaporense vs. Zotis
Zotis because bless him for trying with my commentaries.

Nostromo87 vs. Siddon

The Rodent vs matt72582
Just hung out with Rodent a bit more on here...

CiCi vs. jiraffejustin
I love both, but I'm closer to CiCi GUUUURL!!

mark f vs. John McClane

Citizen Rules vs. SmudgeEFC1985
I feel I know CR a bit better.

Wait a minute I'm going up against the person who is running the tournament and made the seedings.

yeah that seems like it's on the up and up.

Captain Steel vs Gideon

Funny it's so close because they're so different. I like both a lot but I'll go with the guy whose main focus is movies.

Guaporense vs Zotis

It probably pisses them off that they're always lumped together. I've always gotten along with both and I think they have similar productivity. I think Guap has been with us longer.

Nostromo vs Siddon

Siddon has been great and had seen a ton of movies. That's not enough to overcome a long term friendship.

Cat vs Edarsenal*

Probably a tough decision for a lot of people and I adore both. Either one is a threat to win this tournament and nobody would complain. It seems like every time I turn around in any thread, Cat is there.

The Rodent vs Matt

I haven't interacted with Rodent as much as I've wanted due to different threads and tastes, but he's a great dude who's done a lot for this forum for a long time. I also love Matt but Rodent needs his due.

CiCi vs Jiraffe*

CiCi is wonderful and everyone knows it. I have more in common with JJ and have interacted with him more. He's one of the coolest, smartest, and just a stand up dude.

Mark vs John

John, I'm not sure his real name, definitely deserves credit for his courage and I enjoy his posts and shouts.

CR vs Smudge

Poor Smudge Jesus Christ*

VS.
@Captain Steel vs. @Gideon58
Pass, Both are good buds! I really, want to vote for both, but I can't so I'll pass.

VS.
@Guaporense vs. @Zotis
Guap. It figures they come in a pair I like Zotis, we've talked, but Guap has improved his attitude or at least he says so.

VS.
@Nostromo87 vs. @Siddon
Nostro, anybody who digs Grease 2, has got my vote.

VS.
Ed, another tough one. Cat seems cool, but I know Ed better from the HoFs and he's a real gentlemen too!

VS.
Matt, this is also tough, Rodent is the best! Always helpful I really like him, but I talk to Matt much more.

VS.
@CiCi vs. @jiraffejustin
JJ, CiCi has always been extra nice to me But he asked not to be included in this, and JJ has a cool avatar

VS.
John McClane, I don't interact much with her, but I read the shoutbox from time to time and see her posting there.

One of my favorite things on Movie Forums is seeing Gideon randomly reply to a post that's several years old, often without even quoting said post, so you don't even know what he's referring to. He's our review leader and he creates a ton of unique lists, but I rarely see him interact with anyone other than Citizen Rules. Captain Steel seems to give his opinion on everything but movies, but my limited interactions with him have been pleasant and I admire his candidness. Vote: Captain Steel.

VS.

@Guaporense vs. @Zotis
Zotis rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I've always enjoyed my interactions with him, which is more than I can say for his anime-loving counterpart. Vote: Zotis.

VS.
@Nostromo87 vs. @Siddon
Don't think I've interacted with Siddon, but he seems to watch a ton of movies. Nostromo is one of my best pals on here, though, so this is a no-brainer. Vote: Nostromo87.

VS.

Love ed. Super nice dude. Very friendly and supportive and I love his enthusiasm for movies. I don't participate in the HOFs, but I enjoy reading his posts in them. Cat is one of the best new members to come along in a long time, however. She can stalk me and slap me around anytime she wants. Vote: cat_sidhe.

VS.

The Rodent does a lot for the forum that I think sometimes goes unnoticed or unappreciated, like creating all those quizzes that I doubt anyone actually takes. I rarely see matt outside of the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread, but he's a dead ringer for Stanley Kubrick. Vote: Rodent.

VS.

@CiCi vs. @jiraffejustin
I keep thinking CiCi has left us, only to check his profile and see that he's posted just like five minutes ago. Apparently we frequent different parts of the forum. I miss his old review thread when he'd write about horror movies and exploitation. Jiraffejustin is one of the coolest cats on here and we share a lot of the same interests. He's also introduced me to a ton of great musical artists over the years. Vote: Jiraffejustin.

VS.

I only ever see John shouting or posting pics of her growing boobies. Mark is one of our most essential MoFos and a living encyclopedia of movie knowledge. This place wouldn't be the same without him, and I'm saddened that he's no longer posting his movie tabs. Vote: mark f.

I had a cat named Smudge that went missing a few years ago. Maybe this is his reincarnation? Citizen Rules helps makes this place go. Very friendly dude and a connoisseur of classic cinema. Vote: Citizen Rules.

(Twice!)

Captain Steel

Zotis

Cat_Sidhe

The Rodent

JiraffeJustine

Mark F

Citizen Rules

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	v.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	47468  

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Captain Steel vs Gideon

I always liked Gideon even if we didn't interact much. Captain Steel keeps posting about everything except movies so he loses this one.

Guaporense vs Zotis

Always liked Gaup, even if most people here don't.

Nostromo vs Siddon

I can't decide between the two but since Nostrome has the advantage of hosting this I'll give Siddon a chance to fight.

Cat vs Edarsenal

I like cat but HoFs is a huge part of why I love the forum so much and Ed is one of the most faithful soldiers in that battle.

The Rodent vs Matt

I like them both but Matt looks like Stanley Kubrick so...

CiCi vs Jiraffe

Ugh... Tough choice... I haven't interacted with CiCi much even if I love the guy, but JJ was already a celebrity when I came here and I understand why!

Mark vs John

Never interacted with John and Mark is a freaking legend so it's easy.

CR vs Smudge

Yah... I don't know who Smudge is and even if I did, there's very few people here who can match CR. I see him winning this thing.

Fools. I will now return stronger than you can possibly imagine... as a talking teapot.
Gronda! Gronda!

I don't expect anyone here to get that without a search engine.

Smudge is a very new member... I have spoken to them a bit...not sure why they were added when barely anyone knows them...they have a "Duckie" avatar and we spoke about John Hughes films.