What's Your Favorite Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings Movie?

Tools    

What is your Favorite Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings Movie?
53.85%
14 votes
Fellowship of the Ring
23.08%
6 votes
Two Towers
23.08%
6 votes
Return of the King
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I see them pop up on people's favorites list left and right, but sometimes it's Fellowship, sometimes it's Return, sometimes it's Towers.

Which is your favorite and why?

I love all 3 (plus the Hobbit trilogy) but Fellowship is my favorite... and I don't just mean my favorite of the LOTR trilogy, it's my favorite movie EVER!

Why is it your least favorite?
idky actually I guess it just isn't on that epic of a scale as Return of the King (Though the Helms Deep battle is amazing and I still love the film) and the introduction of Middle Earth and the beginning of the story with Frodo, Bilbo, Boromir and Moria is so great in Fellowship that I just love those even more.

That's easy. None of them. I watched the first one and I fell asleep. It was the only time I had ever fallen asleep at the movies. The series never appealed to me.

My favorite is Return of the King, but I love Fellowship too and also The Two Towers. It would be in that order. I do agree however with mojofilter. It's not my frequency, but it still appeals, it's way too impressive. Love/hate relationship.

I love all 3 (plus the Hobbit trilogy) but Fellowship is my favorite... and I don't just mean my favorite of the LOTR trilogy, it's my favorite movie EVER!
I really liked the first 2 Hobbit films, but that 3rd one was such a let down, had so many unneeded thrown in references and the transition between the 2nd and 3rd one was just horrible.

That's easy. None of them. I watched the first one and I fell asleep. It was the only time I had ever fallen asleep at the movies. The series never appealed to me.
If I fall asleep during a movie it means I need to sleep.

I see them pop up on people's favorites list left and right, but sometimes it's Fellowship, sometimes it's Return, sometimes it's Towers.

Which is your favorite and why?
I liked the first one best. I think it was because there was more variety in the locations and just what was happening. The quest seemed a bit interminable once it got underway.

Love all 3 of them, but I have to say, the extended cuts are far superior.

1. Towers: I dunno, I think the Battle Of Helm's Deep just clinches it for me. Great scenes, ok a change from the novel with Elves turning up, but still a rocking sequence. The movie as a whole is just perfect for someone like me who likes story, action, fiction, fantasy etc.

2. Fellowship: Just a fantastic start to the trilogy, but Towers is a far better movie on all fronts. Loved the whole set-up and was blown away when I first saw it. It's a case of "where has this been all my life? Why has nobody ever done this, like this, before?"

3. King: Love it, but I found it a little overbearing with the sheer size of the battles. Ok, I was blown away by it, and seriously wanted to see that sort of stuff after Helm's Deep had me on the edge of my seat, but it's almost a case of not meeting your heroes. I wanted it, but once I had it I found it just a bit too much. Great end though and a marvel in how to stage an epic movie.

Love all 3 of them, but I have to say, the extended cuts are far superior.
A friend of mine said he'd have been quite happy to sit through the whole 9 hours when the first film came out. I would like to see the extended cuts at some stage, but haven't the burning desire to do it, and I would definitely pace myself.

A friend of mine said he'd have been quite happy to sit through the whole 9 hours when the first film came out. I would like to see the extended cuts at some stage, but haven't the burning desire to do it, and I would definitely pace myself.

I have done that. It's close to 12 hours for all 3 extended cuts.
I then sat through them all again with commentary track 1, then track 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on.
Then went through all the special features.

Takes about a week to go through it all.

Fellowship is the slowest and most boring of all 3. There is a lot of set up. It's missing one of the coolest characters - golem.

Two Towers is the best by far. It has frodos battle with the ring, golem, helms deep, rohan, sarumon and sauron.

Return of the King is great but it's not as dynamic as two towers, lacks the character development with the exception of merry/pippin.

(manually neg-rep your post )