Dragon Wars (D-War)

Tools    

Beware The Probe!
OK, I must be living in the dark because until this morning I never even knew about this movie and it opens tomorrow.

Dragon Wars (trailer)

As a young boy, Ethan Kendrick (Cody Arens) encounters antiques dealer Jack (Robert Forster), who has a glowing dragon scale in a Korean chest in his shop. Jack tells Ethan that he is the reincarnated spirit of Haram, an ancient warrior apprentice from 500 years ago. This warrior saved his love Narin from Buraki, a 200 meter long Imugi serpent. Jack gives Ethan a powerful pendant and tells him to find the reincarnated version of Narin; for when she turns 20, the pair will be be forced to fight Buraki again. Twenty years later adult Ethan (Jason Behr) is a television news reporter who coincidentally meets Sarah Daniels (Amanda Brooks), the reincarnation of his love. Together, the duo must fight Buraki who has returned in modern day Los Angeles along with an army of reptilian monsters.

I haven't seen it mentioned here before though I may be mistaken and missed it somewhere.

It totally looks like my kind of movie and I'll definately be seeing it this weekend now.

From the trailer it looks like everything I had hoped Reign of Fire to be a few years ago but wasn't.

Since it's already opened in South Korea last month and is reportedly the biggest budgeted South Korean film of all-time, I was wondering if anyone else here has heard anything about it.

I've been reading mixed reviews about it so far but I'm going to wait till I see it before passing judgement.

I saw the preview for this the other night and thought it looked a little interesting (although I will probably have to wait for the DVD) … Dragons have always intrigued me and I actually liked parts of Reign of Fire … but have yet to see a dragon that tops the one in Dragonslayer (1981)…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Lost in never never land
To me this looks like a B-movie. The story won't be that great, and the acting won't be that great, but I am sort of looking forward to seeing it sometime just because it looks like it should be action filled and entertaining for that reason, and because it has dragons in it.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Beware The Probe!
OK, I'm officially bummed.
Seems it's opening in the US and most places tomorrow but isn't opening in Canada anytime soon yet.

And that makes me a sad panda.™

OK, I'm officially bummed.
Seems it's opening in the US and most places tomorrow but isn't opening in Canada anytime soon yet.
According to IMDB it opened in South Korea August 1st, and will only be opening here in the U.S. tomorrow.

I feel the same way; I've no idea how I managed to not hear about it until just last night. I suppose it's one of those films that they push all at once, right before its opening.

Anyway, I can't imagine it'll be particularly good, but there will be a giant dragon wrapped around a building. I'll probably only see it if I'm especially bored and feel like bringing a couple little siblings along.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I wonder how it will affect "Cloverfield".

Suspect's Reviews