Reccomend me mature teen dramas from the 70s and 80s.

Tools    

Stuff like Christiane F. though doesnt have to be as bleak or about drugs. Wouldnt mind comedy either but something not quite mainstream that treats itself with dignity.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"Ladybug, Ladybug" was made in the 60s, but it's a perfect movie, from their perspective, and a great movie overall... (it's a lot better than the one I mentioned earlier)

The Sure Thing
St Elmo's Fire
Gregory's Girl
Kes

A Wildcard that I'll throw out there is "The Reflecting Skin", which I've not yet watched but is supposed to be very good, if a little different.

Most of the ones I can think of are from the 90's or 00's. I guess you could check out Little Vera although I could take it or leave it.

Kes (1969)
The Last Picture Show (1971)
Family Sins (1987), this one is a tv movie and it's very bleak
Le souffle au coeur (1971)

Hell yeah, love this flick.

Never was a big Matt Dillon fan in my younger days, other than this movie. He has come a long way though.

One of my favorite scene without spoiling too much:

It reminds me of when I went to middle school in Chicago,
some fools tried to bully me - I took a few ass whoopings , but I gave out some too. I was not going to be anyone's bitch.

Hell yeah, love this flick.

Never was a big Matt Dillon fan in my younger days, other than this movie. He has come a long way though.

One of my favorite scene without spoiling too much:

It reminds me of when I went to middle school in Chicago,
some fools tried to bully me - I took a few ass whoopings , but I gave out some too. I was not going to be anyone's bitch.
I wasn't a Dillon fan either - particularly because at the same time this movie came out, there was a bully in high school who was a dead ringer for Matt Dillon (voice, look, everything). I couldn't watch Matt Dillon in anything without thinking of this kid! For years, I hated Matt Dillon just because he looked like this real life bully - I even remember the kid's name (but I'm not gonna type it).

porky s
fast times at ridgemont high
pretty in pink
say anything
revenge of the nerds
teenwolf
last american virgin
the sure thing
sixteen candles

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
For Keeps (1988) is a personal favorite and very underrated I think.

The Sure Thing
St Elmo's Fire
Gregory's Girl
Kes

A Wildcard that I'll throw out there is "The Reflecting Skin", which I've not yet watched but is supposed to be very good, if a little different.
Nice to see some love for The Sure Thing...I love that movie.