The fuze931 Current Top 100 List

→ in
Tools    

More to come later today!
I'm Excited to see whats next, HURRY IT UP! lol

Give me all of your candy!

National Lampoon's Senior Trip

Directed by Kelly Makin

This is truly a guilty pleasure of mine, and possibly my favorite of the National Lampoon's "franchise". I truly think Animal House is the best, but this is my personal favorite. By no means an achievement in cinema, I THINK IT IS SO STUPID IT IS FUNNY! That is actually one of my favorite genres(what is that technically? Such as Scary Movie? No clue.....oh well). I love the pranks, dig ALL of the characters, especially Principal Moss, and if you look closely, you can spot and uncredited D.J. Qualls, which I was curious to see after seeing his name on the IMDb, so of course I popped it in, and sure enough, Miosky snatches a soda from him! This was my favorite comedy for the longest time, stayed in my DVD player, and, although I haven't seen it in a couple of years, it will always have a place on my list as one of the funniest films I have ever seen.

Oh, and the Star Trek nerd crossing guard is one of my favorite characters ever!

Spaceballs

Directed by Mel Brooks

What a blast of nostalgia. Great comedy, Rick Moranis, John Candy, and Mel Brooks, hilarious one liners, and an all around great time. There is really not much to say about this masterpiece of comedy that has not been said before. This is also one of my favorite performances by John Candy, who is hilarious in anything he touched. Classic, must see comedy.

This is a really good movie, good choice

Mel Brooks' movies in general are great, just lay back and relax and laugh all day!

Saw

Directed by James Wan

This does NOT represent the franchise, just the 2004 original. I despise the sequels, finding only Saw 2 to be remotely watchable, but this thriller took my breath away upon initial viewing. I have seen the whole story, could never truly admire all of the others, and, although I do understand the love for the franchise, I just cannot get behind it. The ending to this first film flipped me upside down on my behind, and, as I am sure many more focused viewers saw it coming, I did not at all. Great suspense, superb introduction to the story, and a menacing Tobin Bell. What charm and charisma of this character. He appreciates life to the point that he cannot stand to see it wasted, and for that it gives a kind of deeper meaning to the character, and I just didn't know whether to hate him or love him, to be honest. Great performances, iconic imagery, and an ending that still blows me away to this day lands this film at #83 on my list. If you have not seen these films, give this one a chance, it truly is brilliant. You may even appreciate the other ones, but they always pale in comparison in my eyes.

The French Connection

Directed by William Friedkin

Gene Hackman is the man. This movie has one of the finest chase scenes I have witnessed in any film I have seen to this day, and an easy enough to keep up with story. I love a good crime thriller and this one is top notch. Granted, I have not seen Hackman in much else, which I really need to change, this is one fine role he plays, no matter how cliche it seems. Great action, fun thrill ride after the initial setup, and a well filmed chase scene makes for a good time every time, and I found this DVD for $1.99 the other day and could not pass it up, went home and threw it into the DVD player, and it didn't even work! I was so sad! I will find it again. I knew it was too good to be true! Either way, check this one out if you have not. It is a classic that has aged well, so to speak.

I'm not a fan of horror in general, but I really didn't get the hype over this one. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't great either.
I am actually not a horror fan either, but the ending is what really makes this for me, and it has some well placed tension. Also, it kept me interested, which many horrors do not for me.....it is just a waiting game......who will die next.....why is there a ghost in this house......better question......why are they still LIVING there?!?! But, all kidding aside, I truly look at this as a classic, although the others are shite....eh.....Saw 2 is ok, but I could see the direction the franchise was heading, and it just did not have the same feel as the first one did for me. I did not get the hype for the others, but this was an original concept which lived up to it for me.

The Giant Mechanical Man

Directed by Lee Kirk

There is truly a sense of being lost in life in this film for me. I only checked this out recently, because I am a big fan of Jenna Fischer, and I am so glad that I did. Seemingly the cliche love story, I felt a deep connection to this film, as I also walk around not knowing where I am headed in my life, no direction, just waiting for the days to wither away, such as her character portrays. Topher Grace turns in an exceptionally annoying performance that I loved and hated at the same time, because he clearly pulled off what he was aiming for in this role. I REALLY need to see more of Chris Messina's work, as I really enjoyed his character, although there was truly little progression of it. It was not highly rated or even recommended to me, and, as usual, the hardest part I had with this movie, as I often have trouble doing, is pressing play. Once I was into it, had a cold glass of water and a bag of popcorn next to me, I fell into this simple story and truly enjoyed myself. It is at least worth checking out, and, although I thought the ending was kind of subpar, I still enjoyed this more than my other entries so far, and am now finding it easier to press play on films I know nothing about, just for the chance I may find a gem like this one.

I mean it succeeded in bringing everything together just fine, I just never got into it like I did the first one.

The Godfather
(Also representing The Godfather II)

Directed by Francis Ford Coppola

To not include these two movies as one would not work for me, because if I watch one, the other always follows. Widely viewed as the best organized crime film, it is not my favorite, but still brilliant. What a cast. It seems everyone in the film was born for their role, my favorite being De Niro, just seemed Brando did not get as much screen time for me to say he stole the show, but I truly did love De Niro as a portrayal of his youth. They knew how to tell a story then. You cared for the "hero" and hated the people you were supposed to, so to speak. Many great quotes from these movies, amazing actors, great pacing and well-placed tension make for a beautiful experience for me every time. Also, great writing and soundtrack.