4. Rope Sect
5. Loretta Lynn
6. Nothing More
7. Randy Rogers & Wade Bowen
8. Robin Trower
9. John Barrowman

Let the night air cool you off
2. Loretta Lynn - Another Man Loved Me Last Night
(The greatest female country artist of all time, and a woman who never sugarcoated anything with her unapologetic songwriting.)
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. It lead me to thinking about the Mt. Rushmore of female country artists. I got to three very easily, but the fourth spot I wasn't sure who to go with. You got Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, and you have Tammy Wynette as no-brainers to me. The fourth spot is a lot harder to me. I was thinking maybe Tanya Tucker, but I'm not sure. Who you got?

EDIT: OMG, I forgot about Dolly Parton... never mind. Unless you have a different answer.

All voted

1st - Black Sabbath - War Pigs (72 pts)

2nd - Godless Procession - Hace Falta (53 pts)
3rd - Loretta Lynn - Another Man Loved Me Last Night (52 pts)
4th - Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs (47 pts)
5th - Whitney Houston - How Will I Know (46 pts)
6th - Rope Sect - King of the Night (45 pts)
7th - Nothing More - Fade In / Fade Out (35 pts)
7th - Randy Rogers & Wade Bowen - Rodeo Clown (35 pts)
9th - John Barrowman - The Doctor And I (20 pts)

Congratulations to reso on getting a second tune through to the final

Round eleven up in a while....

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. It lead me to thinking about the Mt. Rushmore of female country artists. I got to three very easily, but the fourth spot I wasn't sure who to go with. You got Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, and you have Tammy Wynette as no-brainers to me. The fourth spot is a lot harder to me. I was thinking maybe Tanya Tucker, but I'm not sure. Who you got?

EDIT: OMG, I forgot about Dolly Parton... never mind. Unless you have a different answer.
Hmm... The country artists I've listened to a lot before this round are Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette. This round probably adds Loretta Lynn to that list. Maybe I should check if Patsy Cline is on your mountain for a reason

A warm welcome back to both Derek and hk for this round

Pretty tough round to rank imo.

1. Factice Factory - Ignite
  2. Steely Dan - Do It Again
  3. Broadcast - Come on Let's Go
  4. Dio - Rock 'N' Roll Children
  5. Don Williams - Desperately
  6. Alvvays - Next of Kin
  7. Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
  8. toe - goodbye (drum cover)
  9. Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy
  10. Robyn Ludwick - Texas Jesus
  11. Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night

Steely Dan - Do It Again - I'm more in the mood for this kind of mellow today.

Broadcast - Come on Let's Go - Upbeat but meloncholy? Yeah, that's kind of my mood today. Bit of a 60's feel to it.

Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy - Another song I'd forgotten about till quite recently.

Alvvays - Next of Kin - Nice little ditty. Summery but that double V is annoying me.

Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana - This is a great song. The sort of thing I might've nominated with my current theme... Had I forgotten it existed instead of having it on my playlist

Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night -Great song. Great cover. Just great. But not the mood I'm in, plus name bias. It'll still do well though.

Factice Factory - Ignite - It's ok. I wouldn't want to listen to an album of it. I don't think I'm in the right mood for this today.

toe - goodbye (drum cover) - It's nice, but it kind of became background music. Not a bad thing, but I can't really remember how it went already.

Dio - Rock 'N' Roll Children - Now this is a classic of the genre. Sadly it's not a genre I feel much for and Ronnie, well, he's Ronnie, isn't he?

Robyn Ludwick - Texas Jesus - If I liked country, this might well've placed higher.

Don Williams - Desperately - Just not for me, but not offensively bad.

01: Dio - Rock 'N' Roll Children
02: Factice Factory - Ignite
03: Alvvays - Next of Kin
04: Robyn Ludwick - Texas Jesus
05: Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night
06: Broadcast - Come on Let's Go
07: toe - goodbye (drum cover)
08: Don Williams - Desperately
09: Steely Dan - Do It Again
10: Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy
11: Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana

A system of cells interlinked
1 Steely Dan - Do It Again These guys were on another level. RIP Walter Becker

2 Factice Factory - Ignite Really cool stuff

3 Dio - Rock 'N' Roll Children - Not a favorite Dio track, but it's still Dio

4 Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana - Steve Stevens!

5 Alvvays - Next of Kin - Cool vibe

6 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy - Again, cool vibe

7 Broadcast - Come on Let's Go - Not too bad

8 Robyn Ludwick - Texas Jesus - It's that Country music again!

9 Don Williams - Desperately - And again!

10 Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night - man, I have REALLY gotten away from this band at this point. Not a good song.

11 toe - goodbye (drum cover) - I don't get it. Why the drum cover?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) Don Williams - Desperately
2) Robyn Ludwick - Texas Jesus
3) Steely Dan - Do It Again
4) toe - goodbye (drum cover)
5) Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night
6) Alvvays - Next of Kin
7) Broadcast - Come on Let's Go
8) Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
9) Dio - Rock 'N' Roll Children (The link had the message "Video unavailable. This video is not available.", so I used this link instead.)
10) Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy
11) Factice Factory - Ignite

I'll be back later with my nom for the next round.

toe - goodbye (drum cover)
Alvvays - Next of Kin
Factice Factory - Ignite
Broadcast - Come on Let's Go
Don Williams - Desperately
Robyn Ludwick - Texas Jesus
Steely Dan - Do It Again
Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night
Dio - Rock 'N' Roll Children
Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy
Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana

Why the drum cover?
mmm, it's like, why not. seems the regulator still okay with it, I've even had in mine to nominate my favorite bass line or such but that probably too much exercising the limit of regulation.
I mean I really like the drum part and the cover technically just re-emphasizes it more on sound mixing literally as the main lead while the rest complete the layer. it's still the original song as everything still stands collectively but the interpretation sort of change even if it just the same arrangement.

...seems the regulator still okay with it...
Lol I've never been called a "regulator" before - oh me, oh my, how youthful, punk me would have hated that

I'm fairly relaxed on what can be put forward as long as it's musical - I once put forward two of my nieces covering a song in a song tourney .... at the end of the day nominations need to resonate with others to stand any chance of making it out of a round which is the real regulator.

Lol I've never been called a "regulator" before - oh me, oh my, how youthful, punk me would have hated that
a yeah I deliberately forgot the quotation mark xD, so anarchist of you!

I'm fairly relaxed on what can be put forward as long as it's musical - I once put forward two of my nieces covering a song in a song tourney ....
I didn't realize that before, I've thought it must be a conventional concept of song/track. btw you got two talented nieces chyp :O

at the end of the day nominations need to resonate with others to stand any chance of making it out of around which is the real regulator.
as we need authoritative remark to permit the tyranny of the majority...
oh wait you, monarchist!

well, now it clear it makes me tempted to challenge the whole world by the next round. with quotation mark xD.