What Favorite Movies Still Aren't on Blu ray or 4K?

Tools    

[b] [/B In a world where some say physical media is either "dead or dying", there seems to be several botique entities like Arrow, Indicator, Kino, Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile and others runing to the breech. And filling the hole with some pretty amazing and wanted titles.
What titles are you searching for, to complete or upgrade your collections. Add to the conversation and tell us what are yuor favorite genres, and some of your fond memories coonected to those fun films.

Ever since I was a kid, watching the Errol Flynns Adventures of Robin Hood, I have enjoyed the period Adventue movies. Going as far back as the Douglas Fairbanks classics of Zorro, the Black Pirate and the Theif of Bagdad silents. I would love to know of any plans in the future to show these films some attention for future BR or 4K remastered releases. Many of these are the golden age of technicolor or thier counterparts, creating some eye poping visuals on screen!!!

There are many of the WB archives that were released in thier "Archives" series, pressed on to DVD-Rs, yet were never given the opportinity for a decent 2K or 4K upgrade. Just some of those titles for me are:
Warner Bros Pictures - Archive Collection
1. Scaramouche - Steward Grainger, Janet Lee - 1952
2. At Swords Point - Cornel Wilde, Maureen O'Hara - 1952
3. The Prince and the Pauper - Errol Flynn - 1937
4. Captain Blood - Errol Flynn - 1935
5. Kidnapped - Roddy McDowall - 1948
6. The Flame and the Arrow - Burt Lancaster, Virginia Mayo - 1950
7. the Crimson Pirate - Burt Lancaster, Nick Cravat - 1952
Paramount Pictures
8. The Buccaneer - Fredric March, Walter Brennan, Anothy Quinn - 1938 (olive remaster)
9. Blackbeard the Pirate - Robert Newton, Linda Darnell - 1952
10. The Count of Monte Cristo - Robert Donat, Elissa Landi - 1934
11. The Corican Brothers - Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Ruth Warrick - 1941

Any 80's movie not currently on that medium. In the meantime there is AI upscaling and other tools you could play around with to enhance the quality of older movies.

The Adventures of Robin Hood

I'd like to see these on Blu Ray:

'Journey into Fear' (1943). Orson Welles stars in a noir direcetd by Norman Foster.

'Mother and Son' by Alexander Soukourv

'Solaris' . The remake. I have no doubt it will be nowhere near as good as the original but I think it's only ever been released in Germany.

'The Ox' (1991). Why hasn't this got a Blu Ray release? Bergman's cinematographer Sven Nykvist directed it.

There are many of the WB archives that were released in thier "Archives" series, pressed on to DVD-Rs, yet were never given the opportinity for a decent 2K or 4K upgrade. Just some of those titles for me are:
Warner Bros Pictures - Archive Collection
1. Scaramouche - Steward Grainger, Janet Lee - 1952
2. At Swords Point - Cornel Wilde, Maureen O'Hara - 1952
3. The Prince and the Pauper - Errol Flynn - 1937
4. Captain Blood - Errol Flynn - 1935
5. Kidnapped - Roddy McDowall - 1948
6. The Flame and the Arrow - Burt Lancaster, Virginia Mayo - 1950
7. the Crimson Pirate - Burt Lancaster, Nick Cravat - 1952
Paramount Pictures
8. The Buccaneer - Fredric March, Walter Brennan, Anothy Quinn - 1938 (olive remaster)
9. Blackbeard the Pirate - Robert Newton, Linda Darnell - 1952
10. The Count of Monte Cristo - Robert Donat, Elissa Landi - 1934
11. The Corican Brothers - Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Ruth Warrick - 1941
How could these older movies benefit from a 4K release? I'd have thought that standard digital DVD would preserve them to their full quality.

Any 80's movie not currently on that medium. In the meantime there is AI upscaling and other tools you could play around with to enhance the quality of older movies.
You mean to clean them up and maybe add color?

How could these older movies benefit from a 4K release? I'd have thought that standard digital DVD would preserve them to their full quality.
I don't understand this comment. Have you seen how good older films (and any film) look on 4K compared to DVD?

I don't understand this comment. Have you seen how good older films (and any film) look on 4K compared to DVD?
I haven't seen any one movie in both formats but my understanding is that newer movies with huge special effects are best seen on 4K while old black and whites can't much be improved beyond the standard scan of each frame thats already been done.

I haven't seen any one movie in both formats but my understanding is that newer movies with huge special effects are best seen on 4K while old black and whites can't much be improved beyond the standard scan of each frame thats already been done.
I don't know where you got that information but it's absoluite nonsense.

I own the following films on 4k disc

The Seventh Seal
The Night of the Hunter
Casablanca
The Red Shoes
Citizen Kane
The Trial

They are absolutely sepctacular image quality wise and around 20x better than their DVD counterpart. They are on apar with modern films image quality wise. The Night of the Hunter 4K even blew my Arrow Blu Ray out of the water.

Citizen Kane and Casablanca look absolutely stunning. It helsp if you have a big 4K tv.