Darth Stujitzu's favourite Scottish Movies; No room for Braveheart shocker!

→ in
Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by nebbit
Thanks Darth, I also would give this a 1.5/5 hugely disappointing.

Cheers Nebbs, when are you going to do an Aussie film thread???

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Cheers Nebbs, when are you going to do an Aussie film thread???
Umm Errrrrrr are you going to help me with my reviews.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by nebbit
Umm Errrrrrr are you going to help me with my reviews.

Of course!!!! I will try my hardest to recommend some of my fave Aussie films. There must be loads of films that a lot of us haven't seen, similar to my Scottish thread.
Although I started my thread as my top 5 Scottish movies, I've since added many more, I hope it will encourage people to watch films that they have never seen or heard off, or warn them off certain films that appear good but are actually crap.
The back cover of every DVD would have you believe that the film within was great!!!
Back to your Aussie thread, start of with the better known films and just give your personal review. Everybody knows about Mad Max, Crocodile Dundee, Muriel's Wedding and Priscilla, so it's a good place to start. What about the new Aussie film Undead? Have you seen it?
You can be the first to review all things bright and new from OZ, remember WB has a huge studio in Sydney where the Matrix was filmed!
I'm 100% behind you, if you write it they will come!!!

P.S. It also saves me from doing Darth Stujitzu's fave Aussie films thread, which would make me look like a know -it -all, and I don't want the other Mofos to know that till my evil plans are fully realised!
Beware of the Dark Side Yoda!!!

No mention of Whisky Galore? That's a gently funny film which I haven't seen for years - a great 'little man against the establishment' film.

Ratcatcher is one of the best British films of the 90s I think anyway, but then I'm a fan of so called kitchen sink drama

Not seen a mention of Ken Loach's Sweet Sixteen - no one like that? The acting from the youngsters in that was excellent. Haven't seen Loach's other recent film set in Scotland Ae Fond Kiss.

Nice lot of reviews there Darth, including some films I'll look for now