The 'Across The Decades' Song Tournament

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Sorry for the delay

ROUND 1 - DAY 1

Scorpions - Still Loving You vs The Coasters - Searchin' - Still loving you is a damn classic. Very moody and well put together. The intro is legendary. The voice is great. The lyrics are simple but effective.

Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number vs Velvet Underground - Rock & Roll - I'm not aware of Steely Dan, so I'll pick what I know.

Earl Hines-Stormy Monday Blues vs Lionel Richie & Darius Rucker ~ Stuck on You- That trumpet.

Cherry Glazerr - Told You I'd Be With the Guys vs Crispian St. Peter's-The Pied Piper- Minimalism is good sometimes. And the girl knows how to play. Watching the clip on Crispian, he hilariously looked like a pederast.

Glenn Miller - Jukebox Saturday Night vs Alan Jackson - Remember When (2003)- It's Glenn Miller.

Vera Lynn - White Cliffs of Dover vs Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1978) - never cared for Streisand

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth vs Metallica ~ Enter Sandman- I'm a sort of a Metal Head, though I pretty much dislike any Metallica after And Justice For All, Enter Sandman has a catchy riff.

Kaleo-Way Down We Go vs The Pixies - Ana- I used to have a neighbor who would play Pixies from morning till late at night. I simply can't stand it any more.

R1D2:

The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
vs Perry Como - A-You're Adorable (1949)

Bobby Darin ~ Mack the Knife vs Egypt Central - You Make Me Sick

Midori - Wasshoi vs The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright

Grade Wicker - Lulu Brown vs Radiohead - There There » Just coz you feel it.. Doesn't mean it's there..

Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness vs The
Kinks - You Really Got Me

The Ink Spots - I Cover the Waterfront vs The
Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go

The Weather Girls - It's raining men vs Marty
Robbins - The Hanging Tree (1959)

Wild Cherry ~ Play that Funky Music vs Dot
Hacker - C Section

The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream vs Perry Como - A-You're Adorable (1949)

Grade Wicker - Lulu Brown vs There There - Radiohead - Grade Wicker sounds like a DIY material, but what a great song

Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness vs The Kinks - You Really Got Me - wow my Roots against the Kinks, maybe no chance but Witness the Fitness is my happy day music. The video always makes me laugh too

The Ink Spots - I Cover the Waterfront vs The Clash - Should I stay Should I Go one of the great intros, class

The Weather Girls - It's raining men vs Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree (1959) - I love It's Raining Men , it's so campy 80s.

Wild Cherry ~ Play that Funky Music vs Dot Hacker - C Section - I do like Play that Funky Music, but not heard Dot Hacker before and like it

The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream vs Perry Como - A-You're Adorable (1949)

Grade Wicker - Lulu Brown vs There There - Radiohead

Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness vs The Kinks - You Really Got Me

The Ink Spots - I Cover the Waterfront vs The Clash - Should I stay Should I Go

The Weather Girls - It's raining men vs Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree (1959)

Wild Cherry ~ Play that Funky Music vs Dot Hacker - C Section

The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream / vs Perry Como - A-You're Adorable (1949) - It's a classic.

Bobby Darin ~ Mack the Knife vs Egypt Central - You Make Me Sick - never heard any of these, I preffered the first.

Midori - Wasshoi vs The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright - Offspring wins. Fatality.

Grade Wicker - Lulu Brown vs Radiohead - There There . admittedly I prefer Radiohead.

Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness vs The
Kinks - You Really Got Me -
it's a classic. And very groooooovy

The Ink Spots - I Cover the Waterfront vs The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go - The timeless dilemma... and it still has no answer to it.

The Weather Girls - It's raining men vs Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree (1959) - there was a time peeps would drag me to the disco [and I do mean drag, cause I bloody hate discos]. Guess what song would play over... and over... and over... and over...

Wild Cherry ~ Play that Funky Music vs Dot Hacker - C Section- I just felt compelled to play that funky music as told.

ROUND 1 - DAY 2

The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream vs Perry Como - A-You're Adorable (1949)-Both good but a pretty easy call.

Bobby Darin ~ Mack the Knife vs Egypt Central - You Make Me Sick-The second is ok but nothing stands out about it.

Midori - Wasshoi vs The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright-I know that second song and already like it. The other is a little crazy for me.

Grade Wicker - Lulu Brown vs There There - Radiohead-I liked the Lulu song; I'm surprised it hasn't been featured on a soundtrack. I don't mind Radiohead but I don't quite understand all the love they get.

Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness vs The Kinks - You Really Got Me-My style vs what isn't my style, although I have respect for that first song.

The Ink Spots - I Cover the Waterfront vs The Clash - Should I stay Should I Go-That first song is nice and smooth but the second is too cool.

The Weather Girls - It's raining men vs Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree (1959)-I do have appreciation for the first since it once gave me the hint that I was in a gay bar, but I don't especially like it. I do like what I've heard from Mr. Robbins.

Wild Cherry ~ Play that Funky Music vs Dot Hacker - C Section-I kind of liked the second but I have wild memories involving the first.

Master of My Domain
Scorpions - Still Loving You vs The Coasters - Searchin'

Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number vs Velvet Underground - Rock & Roll

Earl Hines-Stormy Monday Blues vs Lionel Richie & Darius Rucker ~ Stuck on You

Cherry Glazerr - Told You I'd Be With the Guys vs Crispian St. Peter's-The Pied Piper

Glenn Miller - Jukebox Saturday Night vs Alan Jackson - Remember When (2003)

Vera Lynn - White Cliffs of Dover vs Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1978)

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth vs Metallica ~ Enter Sandman

Kaleo-Way Down We Go vs The Pixies - Ana

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
aww what a lovely thing to say. We are definately missing a 'hug' smilie here so I'll improvise {{{}}}

ROUND 1 - DAY 2

Sorry for the delay

ROUND 1 - DAY 1

Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number vs Velvet Underground - Rock & Roll - I'm not aware of Steely Dan, so I'll pick what I know.

Little Devil, did you listen to both songs before voting? I'm only asking because your comment sounds like you just picked the song you already knew, without even listening to the other song.

Little Devil, did you listen to both songs before voting? I'm only asking because your comment sounds like you just picked the song you already knew, without even listening to the other song.
Yes, I did listened to it. What I meant was that I'm just familiar with Velvet, and is a band I dig.

Round 1 Day 3

Guns N' Roses-Yesterdays vsFrankie Laine - West End Blues - I'm readdy to be burnt at the stake... I only like 2 GNR songs.

Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By (1961) vs King Crimson - Epitaph - Epitaph wins. Friendship.

Blick Bassy - Ake vs Perfect Stranger - You Have the Right to Remain Silent (1995) - Ake is just so delightful.

Nat King Cole ~ I Love You for Sentimental Reasons
vs Michael Bublé - My Kind of Girl (2016) - NKC is perfect for romance.

Doris Day - Whatever will be, will be (Que Sera, Sera) vs En Vogue - Don't Let Go - I... I just... I cant even...

Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg - Ain't Nuthin' but a G Thang vs Grand Funk Railroad - Bad Time - GFR are unsung heroes.

Felt - Now She's Gone vs The Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower - It's the Greateful Dead man!!!!

Perry Como - Prisoner Of Love vs The Beatles ~ Twist & Shout - I know I'm going to offend some people with this, but Beatles only have 2 songs I care about [Yesterday and All together]

R1D3:

Guns N' Roses-Yesterdays vs Frankie Laine -
West End Blues
» proven!! I still (can) enjoy GnR stuff but west end blues hit me a bit more on this occasion

Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By (1961) vs King
Crimson - Epitaph

Blick Bassy - Ake vs Perfect Stranger - You Have
the Right to Remain Silent (1995)

Nat King Cole ~ I Love You for Sentimental
Reasons
vs Michael Bublé - My Kind of Girl
(2016)

Doris Day - Whatever will be, will be (Que Sera,
Sera)
vs En Vogue - Don't Let Go

Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg - Ain't Nuthin' but a G
Thang
vs Grand Funk Railroad - Bad Time » radio los santos rule........
!!

Felt - Now She's Gone vs The Grateful Dead -
China Cat Sunflower » hmmm, so prog~math rock feel

Perry Como - Prisoner Of Love vs The Beatles ~
Twist & Shout
» both bore me(myself) to death :/ , but (still) guy perry como just unfortunately nay for me[/i]

ROUND 1 - DAY 3

Guns N' Roses-Yesterdays vs Frankie Laine - West End Blues-I'm just way more likely to want to listen to the first.

Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By (1961) vs King Crimson - Epitaph-Omg that second thing put me to sleep.

Blick Bassy - Ake vs Perfect Stranger - You Have the Right to Remain Silent (1995)-I wouldn't choose to listen to the first but it's ok to hear. The second though, just no.

Nat King Cole ~ I Love You for Sentimental Reasons vs Michael Bublé - My Kind of Girl (2016)-Both decent; the second had more life to it.

Doris Day - Whatever will be, will be (Que Sera, Sera) vs En Vogue - Don't Let Go-I remember liking a couple En Vogue songs. That wasn't one of them.

Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg - Ain't Nuthin' but a G Thang vs Grand Funk Railroad - Bad Time-Me voting for rap over classic rock must mean the world is ending.

Felt - Now She's Gone vs The Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower-The first was interesting but I love The Dead and we don't get enough of them in these tournaments.

Perry Como - Prisoner Of Love vs The Beatles ~ Twist & Shout-I'm so damn sick of Twist and Shout.