Best Films of 2018 (at the halfway stage)

Tools    

So far, at the half-way point ...

★★★
Loveless (2017) - Zvyagintsev
Every Day (2017) - Sucsy
A Fantastic Woman (2017) - Lelio
Hostiles (2017) - Cooper
I, Tonya (2017) - Gillespie
Won’t you be my Neighbor? (2018) - Neville
Let the Sunshine in (2017) - Denis
Eye on Juliet (2017) - Nguyen
Isle of Dogs (2018) - Anderson
Upgrade (2018) - Whannell
Hearts beat loud (2018) - Haley
The Rider (2017) - Zhao
Peppermint (2018) - Morel

★★★½
Beirut (2017) - Anderson
The Insult (2017) - Doueiri
All the Money in the World (2017) - Scott
Lean on Pete (2017) - Haigh
You were never really here (2017) - Ramsey
Unsane (2017) - Soderbergh
Journey’s End (2017) - Dibb
A Simple Favor (2018) - Feig
Searching (2018) - Chaganty

★★★★
Disobedience (2017) - Lelio
Beast (2017) - Pearce

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
All films I listed were released in theatres where I live in 2018.
Technically speaking some silents were released for the first time in my country last year. Does it mean I should treat a 20s film as a 2018 feature?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Technically speaking some silents were released for the first time in my country last year. Does it mean I should treat a 20s film as a 2018 feature?
Not if you've had the chance to see them on DVD first. If there is no physically possible way I can see a film in 2017, then it's not a 2017 film.

@ScarletLion You can go to another country to watch it. Just sayin'...

@ScarletLion You can go to another country to watch it. Just sayin'...
So, just to be clear here - by your guidelines, would we be going by a film's first cinematic release in any country? i.e. the first county in which it was released in theatres?

i.e if a film was released in the Democratic republic of Congo in late December of 2015, but released in Canada in January 2016 it's a 2015 film?

I have to go by its first release wherever that is, mostly because that's the year that shows up on Letterboxd. There's nothing wrong with going by your own country's release, still bothers me tho and i know it shouldn't when i see it.

if a film was released in the Democratic republic of Congo in late December of 2015, but released in Canada in January 2016 it's a 2015 film?
Yes.