The Expanse

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I can't remember if they pull out to reveal the location, but I feel it's on a planet as there is a scene in which her parents explain the animal life evolved with differently and cannot eat things that she can.

That ongoing sequence is a very weak point for me. I'm sure it's important, and will show its value in the end. Until then, it's very distracting and awkward.
Oh duh, yes. That first episode of the season STARTS with them panning into this small scene with the girl and the birds. I'd forgotten that context. And yet... horrible set! I can almost see the light bulbs in the lights that are supposed to look like natural lighting.

And I agree that those scenes come up and suddenly I'm thinking, "Wait... what?"

You ready? You look ready.
They are living out in the open as far as I could tell. The end of episode 3 kinda confirmed it I think. A lot like the miners from season 4 talking about how they adapted. I do feel they are ruining the best part of this series (Laconia) by hamfisting it into the final season and we’ve barely seen it.

They are living out in the open as far as I could tell. The end of episode 3 kinda confirmed it I think. A lot like the miners from season 4 talking about how they adapted. I do feel they are ruining the best part of this series (Laconia) by hamfisting it into the final season and we’ve barely seen it.
But is it just me, or are those "outdoor" sets really just awful?

And yeah, that's been part of my confusion. It seemed they HAD to be out in the open on a planet and not an eco-bubble of some sort--because the animals were new to them/her. But boy, they all look like bad 1960s sci-fi sets. I can almost smell those Styrofoam boulders.

But is it just me, or are those "outdoor" sets really just awful?
Precisely one of the reasons I feel they are ruining Laconia. And yeah, the sets are a far cry from the stuff we saw in the first few seasons. I can’t help but wonder if this last season was affected by COVID restrictions at some point of production.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Nodding my head across the board. The plants look plastic, the rocks and landscape look like foam, the lights look artificial and those CGI critters only reinforce how artificial it all is. I expected some kind of holodeck situation or that it was a manmade scientific lab to approximate the creatures' natural habitat, like a sciencey space zoo.

Nope.

A system of cells interlinked
That ongoing sequence is a very weak point for me. I'm sure it's important, and will show its value in the end. Until then, it's very distracting and awkward.
I heard rumors that there will be another movie and mini-series set 30 years later, and I presume all the Laconia stuff is setup for that?

That said, this season is aces so far, as far as the main story is concerned.

I heard rumors that there will be another movie ad mini-series set 30 years later, and I presume all the Laconia stuff is setup for that?

That said, this season is aces so far, as far as the main story is concerned.
Agreed. Didn't mean to imply otherwise, because those sets are pretty much the only real thing bugging me about this season so far.

A system of cells interlinked
I know, right? I was pretty "meh" about her character at first, but she is rockin' it in this last season.
Always been a huge fan, but yes, she has elevated it to a new level in this final season. If looks could kill!

Always been a huge fan, but yes, she has elevated it to a new level in this final season. If looks could kill!
That wide broadcast where she blasts Inaros is golden. She is badass and focused this season.

my portrait. guess who?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The man-bun and the perpetual Batman utility belt fanny pack are dead giveaways, ynwtf!
Every time I see him on screen in full gear, throwing his arms waaaaaaay out the sides I about lose it. Later I noticed that man-bun and now I just can't take him seriously. Like at all.

Re: teenie-peenie. Well. That was so NOT what I was thinking of rofl. SHAME!!!!

Every time I see him on screen in full gear, throwing his arms waaaaaaay out the sides I about lose it. Later I noticed that man-bun and now I just can't take him seriously. Like at all.

Re: teenie-peenie. Well. That was so NOT what I was thinking of rofl. SHAME!!!!
Hey, YOU'RE the one who drew it, mister! I just noticed it!

See?

Yeah, he definitely looks like a poser. Glad to know I'm not the only one that can't take him seriously with that manbun. He seems more like an Earther to me.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza