The apartment
A Star is born (?54)
Rebel Without a Cause
Tha african Queen
Annie Hall
The Getaway (72)
The Wild buinch

edit:
I can't fbelieve I forgot The Third Man.

Re-watched this movie. Enjoyable, but never did understand the great hype about it. Don't know why it garnered 5 Oscars either.

If you intend to see this film, my recommendation would be to either rent it or watch it streamed, so that you can fast forward through much of it.

It surprises me that a film about this fascinating subject, which got great reviews from the critics, could be this bad. The story telling was uneven, boring, and there wasn't any chemistry between anyone in the cast-- with the possible exception of between the natives.

This gets 3 out of 10 stars from me, simply because of the captivating cinematography.

~Doc

Wild at Heart (1990) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

2 Days in the Valley. A delightful off beat comedy. The cast was probably considered to be a hip Hollywood ensemble cast in 1996. It worked! It features a young James Spader, and a show stealing performance by Danny Aiello, along with Jeff Daniels, Marsha Mason, Keith Carradine, Glenne Headly, and on and on.

The best part? A happy ending!! Doc's rating: 8 of 10 stars.

~Doc

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Get Out

During this short road trip to Palestine, I decided to bring the laptop and stop at various redboxs when not driving.

Get Out was the first choice. I'm probably too late to seeing this, because I wasn't impressed. Cool concept based on the race stuff, I guess. Seemed like a b-movie that got a lot of hype.

Please keep him away from the Akira movie.

Prounounced PAL-uhs-teen. Texas.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Get Out

During this short road trip to Palestine, I decided to bring the laptop and stop at various redboxs when not driving.

Get Out was the first choice. I'm probably too late to seeing this, because I wasn't impressed. Cool concept based on the race stuff, I guess. Seemed like a b-movie that got a lot of hype.

Please keep him away from the Akira movie.

Prounounced PAL-uhs-teen. Texas.

Seriously one of the worst movies I have ever seen...

Seriously one of the worst movies I have ever seen...
Oh. Thought it got good reviews.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd consider myself lucky if Get Out was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen.

I'd rather Peele kept doing his own thing instead of getting wrapped up in franchise stuff, but I do reckon he's far from the worst pick for an Akira remake (and that's keeping in mind how ill-advised the whole venture would be anyway).

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
The Lego Batman Movie

And I thought the Transformer movies were chaotic. Probably just not in the right mood for this.

Talk about an extended rogues gallery. I guess this was the first big-screen appearance of the Rampage monsters.

not rated

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Is Will Smith the same guy from The fresh prince of Bel-Air? He bacame very good actor.
Helen Mirren is great in everything. Even as a Death.

Is Will Smith the same guy from The fresh prince of Bel-Air? He bacame very good actor.
Helen Mirren is great in everything. Even as a Death.
I heard that the critics absolutely trashed this . The high rating makes me sort of interested

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Keeping Up With The Joneses

(Greg Mottola)

Keeping Up With The Joneses treads familiar water. Not too long ago there was Central Intelligence, which also had a good looking government agent getting a civilian wrapped up in some trouble. Joneses tries to play it cool at first though, leading you on as to whether these people are good or not. Of course anyone who's watched the trailer knows the answer to this, but even if you haven't, there are no surprises in this run of the mill comedy, which relies heavily on charm of Galifianakis.

Jeff and Karen have sent their kids to camp and finally have some alone time in their house. At the same time, new neighbours move in across the street, they're tall, gorgeous people, who have traveled the world. Cue the jealousy of everyone on the block. But something doesn't seem right here, they are too perfect. This leads Karen to investigate and uncover the Joneses deep dark secret. Now their lives are at stake, but who can they trust?

The biggest mishap this film suffers from is predictability. The script works in so many obvious signs that nothing surprises you. You watch a scene unfold where numerous people use Jeff's computer...well, we know that is going to lead to something bad happening on it. Oh, this guy is responsible for this thing, these people are those people, etc. Joneses feels a little too by the numbers that it slogs around trying to find something funny in a script that lacks humour. The laughs come from the skilled comedians who know how to navigate such a mess. I give it props for circumventing the rude humour that too many comedies are throwing out there these days.

Galifianakis has been in roles where he plays both the big friendly guy, or the menacing loner. In the Hangover, with each progressing film, he becomes more and more vile, while in a film like Due Date or It's Kind of a Funny Story, he plays a softer character that we can be friends with. Here, he falls into the later category. As the HR department rep at his work, he feels like a push over that nobody likes. Despite this, he always has a positive attitude and pleasant demeanour. His wife, in typical comedy fashion, is beautiful and is played by Isla Fisher. Their marriage has lost the fire over the years and the predicaments they are put in now, just so happens to push their primal instincts closer together. Fisher, the worn down house wife gets the chance to be sexy and spark something in the relationship.

Hamm and Gadot play the new neighbours, the Joneses. Hamm is no stranger to comedy, he's able to navigate those waters effectively. Here, he's not given that much to do though, he must be the straight guy. Gadot is good on the eyes, but bad on the ears. Her accent makes it difficult to hit the comedic timing needed to pull off a laugh. So the filmmakers decide to play up the sexy angle and have her strut around in tight black outfits, sexy lingerie or short dresses.

Trailers show the funniest scenes all the time, making the impact very minimal when you finally watch it. Many trailers have a "the" moment that people wait for, I remember this one having Galifianakis scream into his tie for back-up, which is funny. That scene is not in the movie at all, which took me out of the moment because I was expecting it. Not a slight against the film, but the overall process of marketing movies in general. I had expectations, they were not met, I was taken out of the film and wondering why. If something like that is easy enough to distract me, then I guess the film isn't that engaging.

Suspect's Reviews

Unregistered User

Beasts of No Nation (2015)

Kind of like a (very) poor mans Apocalypse Now set in Africa and with a much much younger version of Sheen.
Still good though.