2024 BAFTA Awards

Tools    

So, is anyone else planning to watch the ceremony on Sunday - or at least follow the updates on social media?

I'm following along with the winners, but I'm not going to watch it because there is a 2 hour time delay from the ceremony to when they actually air it. They've already started the awards, but aren't airing it until 2 pm EST/7 PM GMT.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Just saw the show. The ceremony, including the one hour red carpet procession, was broadcasted live on a TV cinema channel here.
Probably, the most notable thing was the Prince of Wales, who joined the film system show, sitting next to Cate Blanchett in the crowd of screen celebrities and filmmakers.

Just saw the show. The ceremony, including the one hour red carpet procession, was broadcasted live on a TV cinema channel here.
Probably, the most notable thing was the Prince of Wales, who joined the film system show, sitting next to Cate Blanchett in the crowd of screen celebrities and filmmakers.

He's very lucky to get his photo taken with real movie royalty!

Also, seems like the ceremony was extremely predictable, Oppenheimer pretty much swept the awards, followed closely by Poor Things.

I caught this just as it started yesterday by pure chance. At first I thought I was watching some David Tennant comedy vehicle.. that is the problem with award ceremonies nowadays isn't it. I honestly turned it off, it was cringe

'All of Us Strangers' got nothing. Nada. Zip - El Snubdo. What a travesty.

While the hugely overrated 'Oppenheimer' picked up quite a few awards.

At least 'The Zone of Interest' did ok. But these awards are largely a load of nonsesne.

Recorded it, forgot that the BBC news usually spoils who has won live while it's on, so found out main winners before watching, fast forward through most of it...

As for the prankster, at least it wasn't those just stop oil morons.